Newbie with a question

GsxRz

Jan 5, 2012
Hello everyone, I just bought my girlfriend a NC for Christmas, and I've been trying to find some information on the rooting process. Well let me rephrase that, I'm looking for information about what is the best operating system is to root on the device. She's not into the techie stuff, really all she wants is to be able to do is watch netflix, and maybe a few other little things. I've found some great info on the process of rooting, but I'm not sure what to use froyo, gingerbread, honeycomb...etc.

If anyone could please tell me which is a really stable root, that allows downloading books and apps I would greatly appreciate it, thanks in advance for any and all help everyone!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I suggest installing CyanogenMod 7 on internal memory. This allows the Nook Color to be the best tablet it can be and still allows you you read books. To do this there are a few main steps summarized below.

1. Create a gmail account if you don't have one.
2. Create a B&N account linked to the gmail account if you don't have one.
3. Boot into the stock Nook Color and register it using your B&N account.
4. Get a Micro SD card of 1GB or more.
5. Create a bootable ClockworkMod Recovery (CWR) card using a version of at least 3.2. This step also requires that you download Win32diskimager to burn the CWR image to the Micro SD card.
6. Download the CM7 stable zip file and Google Apps zip file.
7. Put the zip files on the bootable SD card without unzipping them.
8. Fully charge the Nook and power it down then insert the bootable SD card.
9. Wipe /system and /data and clear the caches.
10. Flash the CM7 zip file.
11. Flash the Gapps zip file.
12. Power down and remove the bootable SD card.
13. Power up into CM7 and begin the setup process.
14. Enjoy.