Newby @ tablets

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Hi James- I read somewhere that this tablet is a "jack of all trades, master of none". To a degree, that is true, but that is what I love about it. It does so many things very well. I have a 10 inch netbook that I call my Mickey Mouse computer. This little asus has bailed out a theatre company when their big expensive system went down and they sold tickets thru my little netbook. So I have a computer for on the go. I wanted a smaller portable tablet that was bigger than a phone to read books on (the eyes are going), but smaller than the ipad without the ipad price. This tablet fit the bill perfectly. And it makes phones calls!!!! Great quality( I think that's why it's a little heavier) and the hardware has some great stuff in it. Hopefully 2.2 or 2.3 will be released for it.

ultrafloss492

Dec 12, 2010
Hello Buzzman, that sounds really great and indeed the device really looks amazing.

So I think I will use it with an external keyboard for note taking and without if I just go for browsing and stuff. Do you find the input with the stylus accurate or does it lags if you write something down?

And are you happy with the battery? It is so tempting to buy one but the market is just so fast with bringing out new devices. I do think I eventually will buy a Huawei because of the form. Their handsets also look really great (x5 and x6).