News about ViewPad 7 & 10

synaptyc

Sep 22, 2010
attachment.php

Dear potential ViewSonic Tablet user

You very kindly submitted your details to know more about the ViewPads when they were to be available. ViewSonic promised you would be the first to know. That time has come.
We had many registrations from around the world, but we intend to provide the same information to all of you so as to keep you updated. We are working very closely with all suppliers in all regions to get the products out at quickly as possible. Please check your local suppliers regularly.
All the specifications and latest information can be found here at Viewsonic » ViewPad

UK Availability
It is anticipated that the following stores in the UK will receive the ViewPad 10 on the 27th Oct

Misco.co.uk - Computer Hardware, Laptops, Notebooks, Desktops, TFTs, Printers, Servers, Wireless Networking, Software
Scan.co.uk: Leading supplier of Computer Hardware (store and online)
Maplin : 1TB Seagate External Hard Drive Free Delivery (store and online)

The ViewPad 7 is expected week commencing 15th November and will be initially available from

Misco.co.uk - Computer Hardware, Laptops, Notebooks, Desktops, TFTs, Printers, Servers, Wireless Networking, Software
Scan.co.uk: Leading supplier of Computer Hardware (store and online)
Maplin : 1TB Seagate External Hard Drive Free Delivery (store and online)
Smartphone, Netbook, Laptop and Accessory Store - eXpansys UK

These stores may mail you a dedicated link where you can pre-buy/buy the ViewPad before anyone else.

Germany Availability

It is anticipated that the following stores in the Germany will receive the ViewPad 10 on the 27th Oct and the ViewPad 7 on the 15th November.

Media Markt. Ich bin doch nicht bld. (store and online)
Kind regards

The ViewSonic Marketing Team

Attachments

• $viewpad7_enews.jpg
    $viewpad7_enews.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 3,080

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Qualcomm MSM7227 for the 7", which is a proper Android device.

The 10" is Intel Atom :D

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
Android 1.6? Looks like you mainly paying for the windows part. Seems like the idea tablet with the dual booting system. I guess you don't really need the Android part if everything is windows based.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
My real issue is how well the Android part well considering that Intel never released proper video drivers for that platform.

DroidSearch

Oct 11, 2010
Ummm... Honestly, i don't think that is a good deal, considering the Slate coming out soon. The thought of dual boot, is nice, but the problem is that 1.6 is already outdated with the supply of 2.2's about to hit the market in a mass front. If it was updateable it would be a differen story, with the technology, and the DDR3, I would've expected more specs for 400 lbs.

MartinFick

Nov 23, 2010
The 7inch is probably a nice device (Qualcomm MSM7227), but way over priced and resolution is still too low.

LAHENSINC

Nov 15, 2010
Well i needed another tablet and phone combination so i recently purchase the ViewSonic Viewpad 7. Well, well..what a magnificant product.
Positive factors:
Just plug in your sim card with data plan from AT&T and ready to go.
Great battery life 7 to 8 hours of phone calls and web surfing.
Great price $418.00
Capacitive screen/very smooth and bright
I found the device to be very fast despite some review about the processor.
Free carrying case
Able to charge via USB
Camera and video works great, but no flash
Free carrying case
Free plug in earphone to use to listen to music and talk on the phone
Better buck and bang fror your money than Galaxy 7

salzybaby

Oct 5, 2010
Local stores have the galaxy s tab for $90 after rebate. Just tied into a 3g contract.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

BrianN700

Feb 21, 2011
The Linx Commtiva N700 is the Original - Viewsonic make them under licence from Linx... and charge 50% MORE!!!

The N700 is currently under £250 from Phones4U in Romford, England...