Nexus 7 - Resetting 'Home' Timezone

mitchellisnow

Oct 9, 2012
On my new Nexus 7 tablet, when I set this up I was in Melbourne, A us and the timezone was correct.

Since last weekend, Brisbane is now on a different timezone. Don't get me started on that !

I have set Google Now to let me know what time it is 'at home', and was surprised when it showed the Melbourne (+11) time as my home time zone.

I have checked the date time and it is correctly set to Brisbane (+10), and the time displayed is correct.

Q : where can I reset the 'home' time zone to be Brisbane, as the Date and Time section does not seem to have this option. Anything I set it to now seems to think that I am travelling, when in fact I am home now!

Have I just missed an option somewhere ?

Erasing and starting again is not my preferred option, if this is a thout.

Cheers

mitchellisnow

Oct 9, 2012
I did some fourth consultation of the Book Of Knowledge, (Google), and stumbled across my answer.

Basically I wanted to reset my home time zone. And I was not able to find it in Settings -> Date and Time.

I found this in Calendar->Settings

The Home zone was greyed and not changeable. However, by selecting 'Use Home Time Zone' option, this then allowed me to change the Home Time Zone. Uncheck the option again, and now the Home Time Zone is locked in the correct timezone.

Good to go now me thinks !

mitchellisnow

Oct 9, 2012
mitchellisnow said:
I did some fourth consultation of the Book Of Knowledge, (Google), and stumbled across my answer.

Basically I wanted to reset my home time zone. And I was not able to find it in Settings -> Date and Time.

I found this in Calendar->Settings

The Home zone was greyed and not changeable. However, by selecting 'Use Home Time Zone' option, this then allowed me to change the Home Time Zone. Uncheck the option again, and now the Home Time Zone is locked in the correct timezone.

Good to go now me thinks !

Bummer :-(

I was able to set my home zone as above to the correct zone as Brisbane +10. My Settings -> Date time -> Brisbane +10.
And Google Now still thinks I am travelling to a different time zone, away from the other states that have moved to +11 .

Maybe next I will turn off automatic time updates and see what happens.

Not confident ...

presbro

Mar 5, 2013
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I was having a similar problem but found a setting in the Clock App to change the home time zone.

Fingers crossed it'll work.

presbro

Mar 5, 2013
Well, it didn't work but I finally found a solution on XDA which looks to have worked so I'll share it here as this thread is high in the Google results.

It seems Google Now is taking your "Home" from Latitude so you need to find out and change where Latitude has identified as Home.
Galaxy Nexus > Set Home Location > XDA

grace05

Oct 2, 2014
On my new Nexus 7 tablet, when I set this up I was in Melbourne, A us and the timezone was correct.

Since last weekend, Brisbane is now on a different timezone. Don't get me started on that !

I have set Google Now to let me know what time it is 'at home', and was surprised when it showed the Melbourne (+11) time as my home time zone.

I have checked the date time and it is correctly set to Brisbane (+10), and the time displayed is correct.

Q : where can I reset the 'home' time zone to be Brisbane, as the Date and Time section does not seem to have this option. Anything I set it to now seems to think that I am travelling, when in fact I am home now!

Have I just missed an option somewhere ?

Erasing and starting again is not my preferred option, if this is a thout.

Cheers

Pull down the notifications bar and tap the time. It should take you to a page where you can manually change the time zone.