Nexus 9 is rumored to have 5GB of RAM!

BillyTech95

Feb 6, 2014
I was only expecting 3GB of RAM but the recent rumors the new Nexus 9 will have 5GB of RAM so that means the high end games, Apps will load up ridiculously very fast and multitasking will be better than ever before.

Nexus 9 specs leak points to unbelievably impressive slate | News | TechRadar
Nexus 9 tablet 'to include 64-bit processor, 5GB of RAM' - Tech News - Digital Spy
HTC Volantis (Nexus 9) will be the best Android tablet, acccording to rumors and leaks [Update] - AndroidPIT

Especially with the 64 Bit CPU instead of 32 bit!

But i think 5GB is too much for a Android tablet at the moment(might not in 2/3 years) because the Apps are not pushing the RAM to the full/limit even with 3GB of RAM.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and it is great and i love using it.

But i won't get the new Nexus 9 because i have already have one of the best Android(Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4) tablets out there today and i am likely the new next gen full size Ipad(Air 2) when it comes out in October/November to add to my tablet experience along side my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and my 11.6 inch Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) because of the IOS experience and has better apps and better for productivity use and the bigger sceen and will be my 1st ever Ipad.

If the Nexus 9 is going to have 5GB of RAM so it should have multi window to make use of the 5GB of RAM!

Any the Nexus 9 will be a beast of the tablet when it "might" come out. :)
Rumors is rumors so you never know.

What do you think everyone? Do you want get the new Nexus 9 when it comes out? Do you think 5GB of RAM is a bit too much in a Android tablet at the moment and way before its time?

I am very happy and perfectly fine with 2 GB of RAM on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. :)

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Definitely hard to believe in 5GB of RAM. Also, the metal construction would be too heavy and just add to the price. I agree that 3GB is more than enough, currently. And, they can use plastic with a metal look. However, if the rumors turned out to be true, that would indeed make it one helluva super cool beast.