No internet connection

smee2

Apr 20, 2013
Hi all, I have a Zenithink C93 10.1" Jelly Bean OS. For some unknown reason I am unable to access the Internet anymore. I did have to reset the tablet recently because it froze but unsure if this has caused the issue with the connection. When I try to search for connections it instantly comes up with error failed to connect and when I try starting the internet, the connection indicator is not fully illuminated as it usually is. Can anyone shine some light on this issue? :)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Unfortunately, there could be any number of things going on the way I read your post. If your connectivity problems started just after your reset, I would do another reset to see if that solves the problem. Another thing I would do would be to go somewhere else like a public hotspot or a friend's WiFi to see if it works there.

You say you did a reset because it froze. I wonder if what you did was only a hardware reset because it's possible a factory reset would solve the problem. That would put your tablet to like new condition with your current Android operating system. But you would need your data somewhere other than your tablet.

smee2

Apr 20, 2013
Thanks Leeshor, it was just a hardware reset. My WI-FI is ok because my kid's laptops are able connect. I think I will try your other suggestion with the factory reset. Just another question, where can I backup or save my data to? Would I be able to save it to the external SD Card?
Cheers

smee2

Apr 20, 2013
Hi Leeshor, have transferred all my data to external SD card and performed a factory reset but still no connection. Don't know where to go to from here as I don't think it's an issue that would warrant returning to supplier. Any other suggestion would be appreciated.
Cheers

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You can't assume that because other devices are connecting to WiFi that your tablet will as well. You may want to look at some of my suggestions for WiFi problems in the link below. At least restart your WiFi router.

An external SD card would be a good place to store the data but there are plenty of online solutions as well like DropBox or Google Drive.

smee2

Apr 20, 2013
Thanks again Leeshor, am new to tablets so excuse me for my ignorance :(. I will restart my router as you suggested and will look at trying out another WI-FI location. Thanks again for your time and input. Will post results as soon as I can. Cheers.

smee2

Apr 20, 2013
Hi Leeshor, have restarted my WI-FI but still no luck. I am currently reading through your Master List of fixes so maybe there could be a solution there for me. Will post back if I am successful.
Cheers.

smee2

Apr 20, 2013
Hello to all concerned :cool:, I don't know what happened or how it happened but internet connection working again WOOOHOOO :D. Thanks to Leeshor and gcordero for their support. Cheers