No more adobe flash

aboz

Aug 27, 2012
:mad:I just bought the Vizio vtab 1008 yesterday and am very pleased with it except for the fact that adobe no longer allows me to download its flashplayer. I am wondering if i would be able to download the flash player from an external site, or will it just not work with my tablet. I believe the tablet updated to honeycomb, of course i didnt know what that meant at the time. Am i doomed to have to watch flash videos on my laptop still? Thanks for any replies.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

If you are in fact on HC it shouldn't be a problem. Are you trying to use the Play Store app to install Flash? It should work even if you were on ICS.

10amla

Mar 13, 2012
If you try to upload Flash from the Play Store, you get that it's not compatible? You'll have to side load ver 11.

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
Adobe has pulled flash player from market on Aug.15, so u are only able to get it from 3rd party pages...

------------------------------
tapatalked from Galaxy S

aboz

Aug 27, 2012
so sorry for the late reply, but i have tried to follow those directions and it still does not work. I downloaded an older archived version and was ble to get sound but no video. Are there any other ideas that i might try ? Also when i do load flash and try to go to the webpage with the settings, the page is blank. At this point I am willing to try anything. Thanx

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
so sorry for the late reply, but i have tried to follow those directions and it still does not work. I downloaded an older archived version and was ble to get sound but no video. Are there any other ideas that i might try ? Also when i do load flash and try to go to the webpage with the settings, the page is blank. At this point I am willing to try anything. Thanx

With the number of people who have used those instructions without a problem I suggest uninstalling it, restarting your tablet and trying again. It absolutely should work unless you have some other issue or app causing a problem.