no service

pit.v84

Jan 15, 2012
i just got my tablet 2 days ago and i have tried to put my broadband on for internet but it has had no service and will not connect. HELP ME PLZ TIFFANY
:confused:

pit.v84

Jan 15, 2012
It has both of them on when I turn right on though it automatically says no service on the home screen I don't know what to do

J

jimbo7630

Once again, I am not an expert , but I thought that that "No Service" message related to no phone connection.

Edit: did you try using the Browser? if that works you have a WiFi connection - or ethernet as the case may be.

Last edited by a moderator:

pit.v84

Jan 15, 2012
OK I still can't get the wi fi to work they show up n try to connect but but they don't it disconnects.
Like I said though I have a broadband to plug in to it and I don't know how to use the Ethernet

pit.v84

Jan 15, 2012
I mean the IP address an I don't have a router
My broadband is through Verizon it connectesthrough a usb

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Geesh!!!!! You will never get on wifi without a router. As nicely as I can put it, this is too advanced for you. Please call your internet provider, tell them what you are trying to do, and ask them to come hook it up for you. They will need to provide you with a wireless router.

Actually she seems fo be describing a 3g usb dongle which works with a pc but unless the tablet supports it and has drivers for it is unlikely to work. What you need is to install an app like connectify on your pc and use it to create a wifi hotspot

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

J

jimbo7630

pit.v84 if. in fact, you are using a Verizon 3g connection, I suggest you follow Anima Techica's suggestion.

Edit: Of course you could check with Verizon to see if you can use your SIM card in a MiFi device to create your own "WiFi Hot Spot"

Last edited by a moderator: