No wifi after Z4Root install

Emegra

May 9, 2013
Hi guys

This is my first post here and I'm completely new to tablets and Android in general,

Recently I purchased a tablet at a boot sale which I believe is a A1CS X220 (Identical to Flytouch 3) running Android 2.2, initially it worked perfectly but I wanted to update to a more recent version of Android so on another forum i was instructed to install Z4Root in preparation for an upgrade, however since doing so I can no longer connect to wifi and no one on that forum or any other I've tried seems interested in helping me.

When I turn on it sees the network starts scanning then authenticates then sits on "obtaining ip address" for some time then "disconnected"

under wifi networks/my network it says "disabled"

I feel strongly that Z4Root has done something because it doesn't work either, when I try to run it it just hangs with a rotating circle in the middle of the screen with a message at the bottom saying "running exploit in order to obtain root access"

I've tried everything I can think of, I've reset to factory settings, various different router channels, turning off security I've even tried it on a different network, un-installed and re-installed Z4Root but it just wont connect.

I can connect via ethernet if there is anything I can install to correct this.

Any help or advice anyone can offer would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Graeme

Last edited: