Nook app

PG4003

Jun 12, 2011
Hi, I'm new here, it's good to see all this knowledge in one place! Here's my dilemma, I want to buy an inexpensive Android tablet to use mostly for reading magazines. I have a Kindle and a Nook so don't want to spend the money on a Nook Color. Can anybody tell me if the Coby 7024 works with the Nook app?

B&N has some magazines I want to subscribe to, and under "devices" it says Nook Color or Nook for Android. So I'm just trying to find an inexpensive tablet that will work for this. Never knew it would be so much trouble. Thanks!

Luca Brasi

Mar 26, 2011
I'm using the Nook app on my Coby 7024, i'm not a magazine subscriber myself as i just have my book collection, but the app works to my satisfaction on the 7024.

colnago

May 18, 2011
The Coby will indeed work as a Nook reader. I have found, however, that the Nook app does not give me the same shopping experience as a Nook Color (my wife has the NC). It still lets me shop for books and magazines, but I can't browse the same (unfortunately, it's easier to see the differences than to talk about the differences). Also, the Nook app on the B&N site is actually a link to the Android Marketplace. You can get around the blocks, but you can't access the Marketplace on the Coby right out of the box. Fortunately, the Coby comes with AppsLib, which does have the Nook app.

Hope this helps,

Joseph