Nook Color App - Bluetooth???

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
i bought the Haipad 701 from Euogo - worked for me BUT - after using hte nook, its faults are very apparent - screen not as responsive, screen not as bright and crisp - and support is spotty - so if you can live with those that would be one way. I also bought from Pandawill - parte were DOA, support was terrible, and required shipping back which i had to cover and made my cheap tablet an expensive cheap tablet. I also got an cortex A8 similar specs to what you had - again very poor responsiveness and visuals, and worse of all very very poor 3 hour battery life

i would stick to the nook

i like the CM7 mods because of the support and it does what i need- watch video, use nook app for reading, browse websites, email, use bluetooth gps, send text messages via textfree - so really the only thing missing is the camera but i can live with that. note that CM7 completely replaces you nook os - so if you don't want that use a boot from SD method. What i will cover here is how i did mine to use CM7 as my main driver

copied from [USER] CM7 General Discussion thread - Page 2 - xda-developers modified it for my use
1) Download an ext4 compatible bootable SD recovery from xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats)
2) Verify that the download worked. md5s are at xda-developers - View Single Post - [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats)
3) Extract the .img for the .tar.gz
4) Burn the recovery img to an SD card as explained at NookColor Rooting - nookDevs
5) Download the flashable zip. you can get the nightlies here CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution

nightlies are daily code updates done by the CM7 team - it would typically have bug fixes, clean up, improvements etc..i would get the latest, see if it works for me and not update until i read other user feedback otherwise you'd be updating everyday :). Note that CM7 is now on Release Candidate 4 so this means they have a code that is close to final

6) Download the google apps from one of the links at http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip
7) Copy the cm7 zip (nightly) and the google apps zip to the bootable SD card you created.
8) Unmount the SD card from your PC, insert it into your nook (assuming it is turned off).
9) Reboot into the SD card/recovery should read version 3.0.0.6.
10) Use the volume keys of the nook to step through the menu choices - go to mounts and storage, press the n button - under mounts Format system, data, cache.
11) Press the power key of the nook to go back to the previous menu
12) Select Install from zip
13) Navigate to the CM7 nightly zip and install it (flash)
14) select install from zip again and select the google apps zip.
Remove the SD card.
Reboot system.

now once you reboot wait a little for the blue CM7 logo, then you will see a green android logo - press it to start. It will ask you to log in with your gmail account - Skip this
accept the location prompt, then click on N and Settings and go to wireless - try to connect to your network, once connected, click on Market
in Market enter your gmail account info, and it will ask you if you want to download all the other apps (facebook, gmail, youtube etc..) just select all for now proceed

now since the release candidate (RC) is out, substitute that for the nightly mentioned above - so instead of downloaing from the link on step 5, use this link CyanogenMod 7.0 RC 4 Release Candidate for Nook Color available | Review Horizon for the release candidate

Update: if you want to add a new nightly, all you have to do is download the new nightly from step 5, and repeat steps 9 -14

Last edited:

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
AnimaTechnica ... I do thank you for posting all that! But, I am new to all this!! I even had to have a step by step video just to root my nook using the autonooter. I'd like to root to Froyo, but am a little terrified of losing my app market.

But, Thank you anyway!