Apple wireless bluetooth keyboard and Nook Color... HELP!

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
I purchased an Apple wireless bluetooth keyboard for my rooted CM7 Nook Color. I have done EVERYTHING, and it just won't work!

The nook discovers it, and will even begin to pair...then a box pops up asking for a pin number. I have tried typing 0000 and 1234... on the NC ...on the NC and tablet together, and nothing! I changed the keyboard setting, but still nothing...

I have turned everything off, rebooted, and tried again.... nothing.

Is there anyway to make this Apple wireless keyboard work on the NC??? or have I bought an expensive doorstop!!??

Rhonda19

Mar 5, 2011
I purchased an Apple wireless bluetooth keyboard for my rooted CM7 Nook Color. I have done EVERYTHING, and it just won't work!

The nook discovers it, and will even begin to pair...then a box pops up asking for a pin number. I have tried typing 0000 and 1234... on the NC ...on the NC and tablet together, and nothing! I changed the keyboard setting, but still nothing...

Is there anyway to make this Apple wireless keyboard work on the NC??? or have I bought an expensive doorstop!!??

There's no one that has a wireless bluetooth Apple keyboard???

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Hi Rhonda, I do not have a BT kbd as of now but have followed several threads here about them. From my understanding, there are 2 different apple kbds. One has 2 batteries and the other has 3. The new, 2 battery model WILL pair and work but it requires typing a password on the book and the kbd (same password on both). Check the posts here on the forum and I believe you will find the answer. Good luck and welcome to the community
Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
The Nook is probably just rejecting the icky Apple hardware.. Apple and Android, like oil and water, don'tcha know?

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
"I purchased an Apple wireless bluetooth keyboard for my rooted CM7 Nook Color."

Ok, I have to ask why you did this. Unless of course if you bought the keyboard for a Mac and also just want to use it with the Nook.....

The Apple keyboard pairing code is 8 digits long. (Geeze!) I am not sure what it is, but did you try 6383 9479? Note, this is for paring it with an Apple computer. Seems most are not able to do it with Android. Only thing I got out of the search was you have to turn the keyboard off, enable BT in Android and search, turn the keyboard on and enter the same code in both. Frankly, I just would not bother with an Apple product, but if you already have it good luck to you!

Last edited:

ShutterPeep

May 3, 2011

Have you tried the app Bluekeyboard JP? Google whispered some have gotten your setup to work with that app.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/10562-how-connect-your-bluetooth-keyboard-nc.html
[URL]http://forum.androidcentral.com/barnes-noble-nook-color/67901-finally-got-bluetooth-keyboard-work-nook.html

[/URL]
BlueKeyboard JP - Bluetooth - Android app on AppBrain

RikF

Jun 26, 2011
I have exactly the same issue. Since a recent update to CM7 my Nook has stopped working with my Apple keyboard. Other BT keyboards work fine, and the keyboard works fine on other android devices with an earlier kernel. I'll let you know if I get any further information. Oh, and to those bleating "why would you do this, Apple iz teh Satan" - you aren't very constructive and the Apple keyboard is light, runs for a long time on batteries and is reasonably good to type on.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have exactly the same issue. Since a recent update to CM7 my Nook has stopped working with my Apple keyboard. Other BT keyboards work fine, and the keyboard works fine on other android devices with an earlier kernel. I'll let you know if I get any further information. Oh, and to those bleating "why would you do this, Apple iz teh Satan" - you aren't very constructive and the Apple keyboard is light, runs for a long time on batteries and is reasonably good to type on.

Don't worry about the Apple comments too much. They have both a hint of sarcasam and truth in that Apple often seems to do different just for the sake of being different which may mean extras steps in playing nice with non-Apple. Anyway, the real important info is which CM7 did you update to and which kernel so we know what isn't currently working.

JP

ryaninnc

Apr 19, 2012

Patruns was correct in suggesting the 6383 9479 pin for the keyboard. I was able to successfully pair the keyboard with my Nook Color running CM7. Basically I made sure the keyboard was in pairing mode (blinking green light), selected it from the CM7 bluetooth scan on my nook, and then when prompted on the nook I entered the pin that Patruns suggested 6383 9479 without spaces in the pin entry field on the nook (the one that suggests "0000" or "1234") Then I entered the same pin without spaces on the bluetooth keyboard and pressed enter on the keyboard and everything was paired!! Trouble is, even with the keyboard paired I can't quite figure out how to get the nook to use it as an input. If anyone can figure out how to do this once they get it paired let me know!

Thanks for the heads up patruns, I would have never guessed had you not mentioned it.

Hope this helps.

-Ryaninnc

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Patruns was correct in suggesting the 6383 9479 pin for the keyboard. I was able to successfully pair the keyboard with my Nook Color running CM7. Basically I made sure the keyboard was in pairing mode (blinking green light), selected it from the CM7 bluetooth scan on my nook, and then when prompted on the nook I entered the pin that Patruns suggested 6383 9479 without spaces in the pin entry field on the nook (the one that suggests "0000" or "1234") Then I entered the same pin without spaces on the bluetooth keyboard and pressed enter on the keyboard and everything was paired!! Trouble is, even with the keyboard paired I can't quite figure out how to get the nook to use it as an input. If anyone can figure out how to do this once they get it paired let me know!

Thanks for the heads up patruns, I would have never guessed had you not mentioned it.

Hope this helps.

-Ryaninnc

Glad that helped you. Something to test is that an Apple keyboard can use any pin (probably has to be at least 4 digits) to pair as long as the same number is entered in both locations (screen and keyboard). If it works it just means you don't have to keep track of the 8 digit number you used above and can use anything you want.

To use the keyboard try touching in a typing field such as the body of an email. Long press in the field (hold the press) until a menu pops up and then select the keyboard you want to use from the input options. That should do it.

JP

Deanerh

Jul 20, 2011
FYI. I was having similar problems with my Apple keyboard and had not run across this thread until just now so I had not tried the"6383 9479" solution. However, I did move from CM7 to CM9, and the problem went away. The pairing processs actually worked and holds much better. Still have an occasional issue with it holding connection, but 10 times better than CM7.