nook color refurb or coby kyros 1125

Daphne

Nov 22, 2011
Okay so which do you suggest? I want to read pdfs, watch netflix, games like angry birds, nook and kindle apps probably some more.
Refurbed nooks are around $150 with a year warranty or $189 kyros 1125.
I have never hacked or rooted anything and really am scared to do it. So what do you suggest?

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
If you're looking at the 1125, walmart has it for $188 right now Daphne, I don't know, I think it's personal preference, the nook is smaller, and the 1125 is a 10" tablet. I don't know how to advise you on this big purchase, I think you're best bet is to write down the pros and cons for each device on paper and then decide after seeing your thoughts in black and white. Good luck with your decision, I know it's difficult, but this forum is an awesome place to do research for a big tablet purchase like this. :)

Daphne

Nov 22, 2011
I caved and bought the nook color, I am off to research what to do when it gets here.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I caved and bought the nook color, I am off to research what to do when it gets here.

Congrats and welcome. We have a big Nook Color community here so you will be in good hands. The NC is very capable for the way you would like to use it. You have the option to Root, use a custom ROM from internal memory or use a custom ROM from an SD card. None of these are very difficult to accomplish and if you are really not interested in trying it yourself you can even by the SD which allows you to run a custom ROM without any effort on your part.

JP