(tutorial)- how to root coby kyros 1125

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
Hi Guys,

I have a coby kyros 1125 and rooted it. I used the same steps to root the coby kyros 7022. The only problem is the recovery mode ( CWM) doesn't work if you press power button + home in coby 1125. For solve this problem your have to install in you computer the ADB tools, after that you need to following the root 7022 steps. When you need to enter in recovery mode use adb commands like adb reboot recovey <enter> this will work like press power button + home. If you need to reset the tablet use adb reboot <enter>. In the recovery mode you can use the volume down do move the cursor e volume up to select the item.

Steps:

First you need to install the adb tool. Use the below link to learn about adb commands and download the ADB files. If you prefer, look for it on net.

How To: Install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows computer for use with your Android phone | Android Articles | dotTech

Plug you tablet in you pc, using usb cable and activating the debug mode on you tablet, and try some commands like:

adb devices <enter>
adb reboot <enter>
adb shell <enter>

Now that you have some familiarity with adb command you can root you coby 1125.

I used the following youtube tutorial like a base. See the video to have some root process idea.

In this tutorial you will need download two files the update.zip file and su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip .These files have to stay in external sd card in zip format... yes!!! in zip format.

The first file update.zip will give you the CMW Recovery Mode and you will install it accessing the tablet on setting/about devices/system uptade/ (select sd card). ( see the video )

Update.zip ( CWM Recovery)......update.zip

So wait until update finish, the tablet will reboot, if not use ( adb reboot <enter>)

To acess the ClockWorkMod (CWM) you use the ADB comand ( adb reboot recovery <enter>) in you pc; so your tablet will reboot in CWM mod, so you can install the other file (su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed) following the video procedure. D'ont forget to put your tablet in debbug mod, if not you will not to be able to have adb commands.

In this step you will need to use volume down to move and volume up to select the itens in CWM Recovery Mode.

Attention: If you select the wrong option in CWM Mode the way to back is using the adb command again ( adb reboot recovery). So try to select the correct item like showed in youtube video. I didnt find a easier way ( or tablet botton) to give a back command in CWM mode.

su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip (su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed)

After install this last file , use adb comando to reboot the tablet ( adb reboot <enter> )

After install these two files , look for google superuser.apk and rootexplore.apk and install it in you tablet . Now you have root access!!!

dbeauch

Dec 12, 2011
Hi Guys,

I have a coby kyros 1125 and rooted it. I used the same steps to root the coby kyros 7022. The only problem is the recovery mode ( CWM) doesn't work if you press power button + home in coby 1125. For solve this problem your have to install in you computer the ADB tools, after that you need to following the root 7022 steps. When you need to enter in recovery mode use adb commands like adb reboot recovey <enter> this will work like press power button + home. If you need to reset the tablet use adb reboot <enter>. In the recovery mode you can use the volume down do move the cursor e volume up to select the item.

Steps:

First you need to install the adb tool. Use the below link to learn about adb commands and download the ADB files. If you prefer, look for it on net.

How To: Install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows computer for use with your Android phone | Android Articles | dotTech

Plug you tablet in you pc, using usb cable and activating the debug mode on you tablet, and try some commands like:

adb devices <enter>
adb reboot <enter>
adb shell <enter>

Now that you have some familiarity with adb command you can root you coby 1125.

I used the following youtube tutorial like a base. See the video to have some root process idea.

In this tutorial you will need download two files the update.zip file and su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip .These files have to stay in external sd card in zip format... yes!!! in zip format.

The first file update.zip will give you the CMW Recovery Mode and you will install it accessing the tablet on setting/about devices/system uptade/ (select sd card). ( see the video )

Update.zip ( CWM Recovery)......update.zip

So wait until update finish, the tablet will reboot, if not use ( adb reboot <enter>)

To acess the ClockWorkMod (CWM) you use the ADB comand ( adb reboot recovery <enter>) in you pc; so your tablet will reboot in CWM mod, so you can install the other file (su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed) following the video procedure. D'ont forget to put your tablet in debbug mod, if not you will not to be able to have adb commands.

In this step you will need to use volume down to move and volume up to select the itens in CWM Recovery Mode.

Attention: If you select the wrong option in CWM Mode the way to back is using the adb command again ( adb reboot recovery). So try to select the correct item like showed in youtube video. I didnt find a easier way ( or tablet botton) to give a back command in CWM mode.

su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed.zip (su-2.3.6.3-efgh-signed)

After install this last file , use adb comando to reboot the tablet ( adb reboot <enter> )

After install these two files , look for google superuser.apk and rootexplore.apk and install it in you tablet . Now you have root access!!!

Has anyone had luck with this method of rooting and CWM installation? It doesn't work for me. I have only been able to root via SuperOneClick and have not been able to successfully install CWM at all....

dbeauch

Dec 12, 2011
scratch that, this works. My error was that the files need to be copied to the root of an EXTERNAL SD card...got CWM running fine now, but now super user won't update to the latest 3.0.3 version of the binary....

dbeauch

Dec 12, 2011
also I am not clear on the last instruction: After install these two files , look for google superuser.apk and rootexplore.apk and install it in you tablet . Now you have root access!!!

Isnt superuser already installed by flashing that second .zip file from CWM?

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
These last files are only to softwares to use the su facilites using the system in your tablet directly. But you are right, after install the second file you already have the root access.

To verify the root type this comands in adb:

adb shell <enter>
$ ( this prompt will appear)
su
# ( this su prompt will appear)

dbeauch

Dec 12, 2011
SO my friend, we are now rooted with CWM and a functioning copy of SU....great....so when is someone going to develop a custom ROM for this device??

paulonsf

Nov 6, 2011
Hi, dbeauch

I have seen you talking about an "F1 release" on other fórum... What is it? Could we apply this on our tablet 1125?

tks.

butcher0288

Jan 4, 2012
Hello Paulonsf,

Did you tried the rom
[KTZROM-BULLDOG-ICE] PREMIUM BUILD 30 (256/512MB VERS) RELEASED DATE: 1.17.12

did it worked ?

did someone tried to install it ???

thanks

Badger_Lady

Sep 23, 2011
Hmm... so I'd like to root my MID7022 but all the links to files are broken :( I've nabbed the Superuser (thanks dbeauch!) but can't get the update file from anywhere... help?