Note taking program

Mosk

Jan 23, 2011
Ok first of all I use a tablet that currently only runs Android 2.1. I also use Ubuntu 10.10 on all my home desktops. I also have a Motorola Droid 2 Global.

I am looking for a note taking program that I will be able to link up to everyone of my devices. There are a few things that I want.

I need to be able to draw diagrams (not perfectly) I am a mining engineering student, and I take a ton of geology classes. I need to be able to draw a lot of diagrams in my notes. So I need to be able to use a paint like program.

I also need to be able to sync it to many different computers/devices.

I would also prefer to have offline support. I am generally around the internet, but every once in a while I am not around WiFi.

I am curently using Note Everything and I like how I can sync it to my google docs. The problem is that I do not like that I cant go from typing to drawing on the same note.

Any ideas?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Try Evernote. Multiplatform, supports multiple note forms, including direct integration with LiveScribe and Smart Diagram, I am also an engineer so understand your need for diagramming and integration.

Mosk

Jan 23, 2011
Try Evernote. Multiplatform, supports multiple note forms, including direct integration with LiveScribe and Smart Diagram, I am also an engineer so understand your need for diagramming and integration.

Evernote has a scribe and diagram setting, please explain I have been using this off and on and I have not found that. Is that for the paid version? (Is there a paid version)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
paid version gives you the ability to have offline access to notes.

Livescribe is a separate Pen and Ink system (www.l i v e scribe.com) and Smart Diagram is an android app. Both have integration into Evernote, you just use that as the repository and management system.

Mosk

Jan 23, 2011
paid version gives you the ability to have offline access to notes.

Livescribe is a separate Pen and Ink system (www.l i v e scribe.com) and Smart Diagram is an android app. Both have integration into Evernote, you just use that as the repository and management system.

Thanks man. This is very helpful.

Mosk

Jan 23, 2011
Does anyone know of any programs that you can write on the screen of the tablet? That is the big thing I am looking for.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Maple paint and Smart diagram both do. Resitive screens come with a stylus, for capacitive screen devices you will have to buy one.

Mosk

Jan 23, 2011
Maple paint and Smart diagram both do. Resitive screens come with a stylus, for capacitive screen devices you will have to buy one.

Ok so I figured out Maple paint, I like it. Now about Smart Diagram, how do you write within that, and which do you like more for handwriting?

susaz

Mar 12, 2011
Does anyone know of any programs that you can write on the screen of the tablet? That is the big thing I am looking for.

Graffiti, formerly the text entry form for Palm. Takes a while to get used to, but works wonderfully!

Ali Moazzam

Mar 24, 2011
Go to Android Market and try an App called Extensive Notes. Its free and can draw too. Hope this helps

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App