Nova 7 paladin and flash and other problems

andrewcyprus

Jan 14, 2012
I am having some problems with my ainol Nova 7 Paladin tablet - in that for three web sites I wanted to visit I am unable to do so .... I wonder if anyone has any solutions to my problems??

1. The tablet has flash 10.1 installed, but one site I want to use requires flash 10.3 at least. If I try and get from adobe flash 10.3 adobe seems to think I have an ipad - and says that they do not download flash to apple products!! What is the cause of this, and is it possible to upgrade the version of flash to 10.3 or even 11??
2. When I visit Daily Telegraph Crossword puzzles I am told that flash is required. OK - Installed is flash 10.1, but this does not seem to satisfy the site. Clicking the 'get flash' button takes me back around the loop above in point 1
3. When I visit itv.com/itvplayer I am asked to download itvplayer and presnted with two options - for iOS or android. Whatever I select the site always goes to the iOS option!!! I tried this from a Windows 7 PC - and the choices both took me to seperate download pages - but not when the site is accessed via the tablet!!
4. When visiting the android marketplace I can see the itv player and also bbc player downloads - but they both disappear when I select the device as being my tablet ....

Does anyone have any idea what is going on - and are there solutions?? Any helpful advice appreciated!!!!

patrick72

Sep 20, 2011
I am also having these issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Tablet Forum

Padtron

Jan 14, 2012
Hi, I am new to Android and have just purchased a Novo 7 Paladin, when it arrived there were no games installed and finger prints all over the screen, I think someone has been playing with it before it was sent out to me. I have since tried to install Angrybirds and it says that this app is incompatible with my device. Has any one got any ideas as to what software I could be missing as some one has obviously reset this device.

J

jimbo7630

Hi, I am new to Android and have just purchased a Novo 7 Paladin, when it arrived there were no games installed and finger prints all over the screen, I think someone has been playing with it before it was sent out to me. I have since tried to install Angrybirds and it says that this app is incompatible with my device. Has any one got any ideas as to what software I could be missing as some one has obviously reset this device.

Normally most tablets are shipped with a protective plastic film on the screen (sometimes on the back as well). Sounds like you have a second-hand item, can you get back to the vendor?

BoltGnut

Jan 14, 2012
Mine from Merimobiles came in original packaging from China with postage and custom stickers. I only got a slim Chinese language folder and some earbuds and a USB cable (very short). My Angry Birds is English version but there was a bunch of foreign character apps that were easy to remove.

Padtron

Jan 14, 2012
I seem to be lacking all but the most basic programmes on mine, no games, no memory manager, even APK was missing until I did a system restore to factory settings!

Padtron

Jan 14, 2012
Hi, Could any body tell me how I sync my Novo 7 Paladin with Windows 7, I have plugged it in via USB and windows does not recognise it, I have have tried installing PDA nat but to no avail.

sokoll99

Jan 30, 2012
Here is the general run down that I have put together from reading everything I could find about the device (I have one too). 1. we are running ICS 4.0.1 this was the very first edition of ICS so there will be some bugs in the Operating System and some features that are not fully active. The second and by far biggest issue is that we have a device from the very first family of MIPS based processors on the market. To a great extent the vast majority of processors on the market running Android are ARM based devices.

What this means is that software (Apps, *.APK, etc.) will generally have to be recompiled or designed to run on Android for MIPS. If you own(ed) a windows Mobile Ipaq or the like you may be familiar with this phenomenon from the early 2000s when there were some MIPS devices that fell rapidly out of favor with the market place. I do not know all the reasons for this, but one of the biggest reason was that the major cell phone operating system at the time was Symbian and Symbian was never ported to run on a MIPS processor (SoC). You could design a Tablet or Hand Held to run on MIPS but when the vast majority of programmers are familiar with ARM and MIPS is as alien as possible it was quickly written off as a Dead-End in the market place.

The Reason MIPS has re-entered the market place is that Android has been ported over to run on MIPS. since we are all first generation MIPS owners you can pretty much expect to have to wait for a lot of things in the short term. Once this first year or so passes I am not sure what will happen there is a very good chance that Mips will grab a significant market share because the processors are significantly cheaper than the ARM and MIPS already has multi-core and 64 bit processor designs.

So What does it mean for you?
1. Flash on the browser is not activated...I expect that there will be an update for the Paladin Tablets in the next couple of months to fix this...I hope so anyway cause it really hurts the functionality of the device. Yes I know the flash player is supposedly installed it's there on mine too but it is not working in the browser...that's about all I can tell you.
2. Some of the Apps in the market place just flat out will not work on your device for the foreseeable future...I expect this to improve as time goes on but we will have to wait and see.
3. Some games like "Angry Birds" are not downloadable from the market place cause the MIPS version is not available at that location...if they were deleted from your device and you have not rooted or done anything screwy with the device you may be able to get them on the tab by just resetting the device to the original factory settings. I do not know if it will reinstall the APK off the root I can tell you that I performed this procedure accidentally and it reinstalled all the funky chinese language apps that I had deleted.

Take the above as information not gospel truth.

Also, one final thing you mentioned not being able to get onto certain websites... one thing you will have to check is your browser agent. Android devices are generally viewed as a mobile platform by web-designers so when you try to view a desktop page if the site has a mobile version it will auto-forward to the mobile version...this sometimes means changing the address or bouncing you to a completely different site. To avoid this in your browser go to "Settings"-"Advanced"-"User Agent" and you should get a list of different platform types if you pick "Desktop" you will get the same site as you PC does...Flash still will not work though.

Last edited:

sokoll99

Jan 30, 2012
Thanks for all the info! Do you know why the PC won't recognize it?
Depends on what context you are referring to...if what youy are trying to do is use it as a mass storage device (swap files from your PC to you device via USB, or similar) then try the following
1. Plug in the device
2. tap on the digital clock/soft tool key in the lower right hand corner of the screen.
3. You should see an Icon with the Description of "USB Connected"
4. Tap on the Icon
5. A USB Mass Storage Screen Should Pop up with a button on the lower right hand corner which says "Turn on USB storage"
Hit that Icon and it will let you access the storage partition of your device...also if you have an SD Card on board it will let you access that as well.

If that does not work then turn the device off and then plug it in then turn it on :)

sokoll99

Jan 30, 2012
I seem to be lacking all but the most basic programmes on mine, no games, no memory manager, even APK was missing until I did a system restore to factory settings!

For those that are having problems with software there is a *.rar file with all the factory installed applications on it available from the Ainol Website a user on another forum uploaded it for conveinience... I am posting it here for now but I have to check with someone who ops this board as I do not know if this is permitted ...

Ainol-Paladin-apk1.rar - Downloads - Android Tablets Forum

...you could also figure it out on your own by running some of the web pages thru google translate or similar the link to the Ainol website is

"http://ainol.com/plugin.php?identifier=ainol&module=download&action=index&categoryid=1"

rlerner

Feb 8, 2012
I am also having the same issues and tried multiple flash players with no luck yet - any help is also appreciated.

I am having some problems with my ainol Nova 7 Paladin tablet - in that for three web sites I wanted to visit I am unable to do so .... I wonder if anyone has any solutions to my problems??

1. The tablet has flash 10.1 installed, but one site I want to use requires flash 10.3 at least. If I try and get from adobe flash 10.3 adobe seems to think I have an ipad - and says that they do not download flash to apple products!! What is the cause of this, and is it possible to upgrade the version of flash to 10.3 or even 11??
2. When I visit Daily Telegraph Crossword puzzles I am told that flash is required. OK - Installed is flash 10.1, but this does not seem to satisfy the site. Clicking the 'get flash' button takes me back around the loop above in point 1
3. When I visit itv.com/itvplayer I am asked to download itvplayer and presnted with two options - for iOS or android. Whatever I select the site always goes to the iOS option!!! I tried this from a Windows 7 PC - and the choices both took me to seperate download pages - but not when the site is accessed via the tablet!!
4. When visiting the android marketplace I can see the itv player and also bbc player downloads - but they both disappear when I select the device as being my tablet ....

Does anyone have any idea what is going on - and are there solutions?? Any helpful advice appreciated!!!!