OfficeSuite Pro6

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
wekavern said:
OfficeSuitePro6 seemed like a good choice until I found problems in identifying where it stores files. The obvious choices recent files, My docs, local files, all seem blank and I am wondering what I have missed. There seems to be no FAQ's supporting the MobiSystems website. Can anyone suggest a source of FAQ's on use of Word processor module in OfficeSuitePro 6 with Galaxy 10.1?
Puzzled as well as grizzled

You actually set the default directory for your files,I just set it to the already existing documents folder. On startup just select My Documents and it will open that directory.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
You actually set the default directory for your files,I just set it to the already existing documents folder. On startup just select My Documents and it will open that directory.
You are right about DTG. Totally ineligant and to use a female term "it doesn't float my boat". I've used OFFICE SUITE PRO and have been happy with it. I just can't justify the cost at this stage. Much more usable than DTG.

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I own the 3 big ones and am moving from DTG to Office Suite. The move has and continues to involve looking for problems and reporting those problems. Problems include bugs and functionality. Some occur only when sought and others are overlooked because one may not be aware there is a better way. There are compatibility issues that need to be addressed and may be noticed only under certain circumstances. When I move to an application that will be used extensively with data that is considered important or difficult to duplicate, I play and look for issues.

DTG is an application that has no compatibility issues. It just works. Because of its structure, the bells and whistles are not there. I have never had a file edited with DTG fail to open with Excel or Word.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
So far my move to Quick Office has been a positive experience, I just wish Office Suite Pro would incorporate spell check, it works quite well in Quick Office and allows me to have a print ready document. What bothers me about Documents To Go is they seem to have stopped development, at least on Android, and never moved beyond their phone oriented app. Plus, as one of the original mobile office solutions, they still haven't implemented spell check? Really? Like this isn't one of the absolutely most important features of a word processor?

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I also found Quick Office to be better than Office Suite. I am still primarily using DTG though due to issues I reported a month ago.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I've been using Quick Office for a little over a month now, for word document creation and editing, and it has served me well. I still don't like the way it deals with folders but it is a minor complaint.