OH bOY can someone please see if they can help me!!!

kanoemaui

Feb 16, 2011
This morning i got on my tablet and went into my gallery to look at some pictures off of my sd card which is always in my tablet , the card has or had all of my pictures on it from the last 2 years!!! For some reason when i clicked on it a format window popped up asking if i wanted to format the sd card, I CLICKED NO!!! I then went to the gallery and looked through the folders and it showed the right amount of photos in each folder i clicked on a picture and all of the suden the numbers all changed, i went from 1500 photos in one folder to 139 or something like that the other folder had 865 photos now has 18!!! PLEASE can someone help me to try to find them? I would think if i had formatted it all the pics would be gone but they arent...I tried looking in the log report to see if i can tell what happened but it makes no sense to me...i am praying those pics are there somewhere, all my sons pictures since he was born were on the card, i did have a back up of some of the pics but not the ones from when he was a newborn and a lot of other stuff...it just friken went poof and it was gone, ive searched thru every folder i can find on that tablet and dont see anything!! UGH any help will be appreciated! Thanks

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Sounds like the directory of the SD card was damaged somehow. The pictures are probably still there. Whatever you do, don't write anything to that card. Get an undelete program for your PC, if you don't already have one. There are lots of free ones available, find one that works on SD cards as well as hard drives and install it. Take the card out of the tablet and put it into your PC, then follow the directions for recovering the files to another device. Once you've recovered whatever you can, you can reformat the card and copy the files to it. I'd suggest leaving the recovered files on your PC as a backup when you're finished. Good luck!

kanoemaui

Feb 16, 2011
@spider, omg thanks for responding, when u say find an undelete program can u give me an idea of a name ? and my PC does not have a sd slot i use a card reader, do you think it will still work..I think you may be right about the damaged directory the second i read your post i remember there being a notification in the notification bar about a damaged device or card but then it went away and all the pics were there but two seconds later most of them were gone...I will try what you suggested thank god i havent written anything to the card. If you can direct me as to what to look for for tyhe undelete program i will try it..I hope it works i have been staring at the files on that tablet all day long trying to figure out where 1500 pictures went!! Thanks for your help

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'm assuming you tried taking the card out of your tablet, wiping the contacts off, and putting it in again. Re-booting your tablet. Trying to read the card on your PC. If so, try one of the programs from the link and if it doesn't work, try another. As long as you don't write to the card you have a chance to recover whatever is on it.