Onda firmware update 2.0 (JB 4.1.1) Apps missing from Play Store

pescadorsp

Dec 1, 2012
Seems that everyone updating Onda Tablets to JB 4.1.1 is facing issues with lots of apps missing from Play Store (e.g. several google apps, Angry Birds, etc).
Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Seems that everyone updating Onda Tablets to JB 4.1.1 is facing issues with lots of apps missing from Play Store (e.g. several google apps, Angry Birds, etc).

If you have root go to system apps and find GoogleServicesFramework.apk then Phonesky.apk and press to install them its a patched store.

Last edited:

rugal

Nov 27, 2012
iiDiabolusZz, according to this, you say that Onda v701 can upgrade to 4.1.1 with that files?

trustno12003

Nov 21, 2012

Hi

I've got an ONDA v811 with firmware 2.0 (JB 4.1.1). I had that problem and I've fixed it following the following instuctions (it fixes some, but not all the missing app, for example, I can see Angry Birds)

Backup /system/etc/permissions (just take a copy with ES file explorer)
2. Extract the attached zip Attached File xmlfiles.zip(2.93K) (not my upload, taken from a forum)
Number of downloads: 2653 and copy its content in /system/etc/permissions
3. Make sure the file permission are rw-r-r (with ES file explorer, long tap then properties)
4. Go to settings->apps and tap Google Play Store
5. Click on Clear data and Clear Cache.
6. Go to Googe Play Services and Clear Data and Cache
7. Go to Google Service Framework and Clear Data and Chace.
6. Reboot tablet
7. Open market and accept license

I think I had an error the first time I launched G.Play but then it worked fine.

I hope this will work for you.

Best Regards

pescadorsp

Dec 1, 2012
Thanks trustno12003, I'll give a try and post the result (on Thursday, boarding now for a work trip)

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Last edited:

pescadorsp

Dec 1, 2012
trustno12003 tip worked. Instead copying everything from the zip file, I just copy the two files that I found missing in /system/etc/permissions
these two files are missing in the latest JB firmware 2.0 for my V40i (dual core):
android.hardware.location.gps.xml
android.hardware.location.xml

Once you copy them, clean the cash of the play store and google services, the play store will offer all the apps/games. Seems that without these files, the store thinks that you don't have any kind of gps/location HW support and omits to display any apps that require location services.

alpappy

Dec 22, 2012
I used the zip and now have root and google apps but mnay are still saying not compatible with devive Doe you need to later teh build prop too
thanks
alan

alpappy

Dec 22, 2012
With Onda v811 Are ther any scripts tested to change build prop that improve compatibility thanks alan

felsar

Dec 18, 2012
trustno12003 tip worked. Instead copying everything from the zip file, I just copy the two files that I found missing in /system/etc/permissions
these two files are missing in the latest JB firmware 2.0 for my V40i (dual core):
android.hardware.location.gps.xml
android.hardware.location.xml

Once you copy them, clean the cash of the play store and google services, the play store will offer all the apps/games. Seems that without these files, the store thinks that you don't have any kind of gps/location HW support and omits to display any apps that require location services.

for some reason I can't download the zip, link gets me to a forum but it say theres an error and I don't have permission to view attachments even if I'm registered... can you hand me those files please??