Onda (V801) Recovery Mode doesn't work!

Matthew4000

Apr 16, 2013
Though I see many comments and responses in different threads containing it I don't think this topic has been discussed well enough.

I too have the problem with my Onda V801 tablet which won't start in recovery mode anymore. This phenomenon occurred after installing Onda's most recent firmware on it using iiDiabolusZz' guide.
It seems that the HOME key doesn't work as a starter for recovery mode anymore.

Of course I tried the most common combination holding the HOME key for several seconds, then - while still holding - pushing the POWER key and releasing both as soon as the white android symbol appears. I also tried many more suggested combinations for similar devices with and without a connection to the computer, also with and without "reset" shutdowns.

However my tablet only starts in its normal mode as if the pressed HOME button has no effect whatsoever

Just now I want to add that since the installation of the firmware my WiFi doesn't seem to work either. Maybe this has nothing to do with the other problem but it may serve as a symptom.

Good luck to us all finding a solution!

-Matthew

loki1

Apr 17, 2013
Hello,
Me too on V811 and firmware v3.1
No recovery mode and no wifi :(
If you have a solution, i take...

Matthew4000

Apr 16, 2013
Hello,
Me too on V811 and firmware v3.1
No recovery mode and no wifi :(
If you have a solution, i take...

Got a little closer to the solution:
Though the HOME key still doesn't seem to work for recovery mode, it is possible to enter recovery using your computer as long as the tablet would connect through USB.

The guide to do this is here:
How to Enter Recovery Mode on Any Android Phone or Tablet - Tutorial / Guide -> Method 2
For setting up adb and fastboot DO NOT use the link provided, but this one:
How To Set Up Android ADB & Fastboot On Windows [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

With these guides you should be able to reboot your tablet into recovery as I can now.

Though now being able to run the auto-install files from my SD card, WiFi still doesn't work and there are no signs of my device being rooted.
I am thinking about the firmware damaging/deleting something essential because of a mistake I might have done.

Please share new achievements in your problem-solving process! I'll also keep you updated!

loki1

Apr 17, 2013
Thanks for links,

I tried this weekend, I had access to the recovery mode with "Adb reboot recovery".
I have reflash by sdcard but still no WiFi, and no root .
With "Adb reboot recovery" the Tablet does not go in mode "worldcup device" for Flash with amlburning tools.
I'll wait for a new firmware... this firmware has a bug.

accumbens

Aug 14, 2013
hello,
I had the same problem after having flashed the firmware on my tablet Onda A801 V2 (V801Core4_v3.2_v2.rar).
Here is the solution that work for me (to go into the recovery mode and root the tablet with "ROOT_Limpieza_Logo_V3.zip")

Press the Home button on the tablet, made ​​two short pulses on the power button, press and hold the third pulse while keeping the Home button pressed. In all there are three pulses on the power button, two short and one long til appears the recovery mode.

Last edited: