Finding/Testing Suitable ClockworkMod Recovery for Onda v701

mad_ady

May 2, 2013
I've tried your fake recovery and it works - it can mount /system and /data. It doesn't seem to have adb though, so I couldn't peek around.
One more thing that I noticed even with the recovery I built so far - even if I don't do anything after I load CWM the device reboots after about 2 minutes. There is probably some watchdog that triggers it - I don't know.

Because of this problem it would be risky to depend on it in real life, when you want to restore a backup...

I will look through your recovery to see if there are noticeable differences and if I can port them to my recovery. If not, I'll see if I can build a 5.5 recovery myself and see.
Thanks for all the help!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
It has adb, yes time limit is just under 4 minutes, I use timers on my cell phone, all work must be done under 3 minutes 40 seconds.

Sent from my SPH-D710 Android Phone

mad_ady

May 2, 2013
yes time limit is just under 4 minutes, I use timers on my cell phone, all work must be done under 3 minutes 40 seconds.

Not sure if kidding or serious. What's the point in having such a watchdog?
I'll take a look at adb...

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Not sure if kidding or serious. What's the point in having such a watchdog?
I'll take a look at adb...

Not kidding I am trying to find a way to disable it, Don't know if it's in bootloader or kernel. I thought the time limit was only in coby tablet's, but your tablet has it as well.

I have made several posts about this time limit in the Coby forums, so people know, that way they don't mess their tablet up by taking to much time in recovery mode. Cause no matter what they are doing once the time limited is reached finished or not the tablet will reboot on it's own, and if the job was unfinished the tablet could boot loop, or be software bricked.

loryboy

Nov 17, 2013
Not kidding I am trying to find a way to disable it, Don't know if it's in bootloader or kernel. I thought the time limit was only in coby tablet's, but your tablet has it as well.

I have made several posts about this time limit in the Coby forums, so people know, that way they don't mess their tablet up by taking to much time in recovery mode. Cause no matter what they are doing once the time limited is reached finished or not the tablet will reboot on it's own, and if the job was unfinished the tablet could boot loop, or be software bricked.
some progress in ClockworkMod Recovery for speed city?

mad_ady

May 2, 2013
No progress yet, sorry. I tried to do a full backup from the fake recovery on a class 10 card but it still reboots after a while. I managed to keep it alive longer during the backup process by pressing the home button in recovery, but it isn't a definitive fix. I want to revisit the problem, but I don't always have access to the tablet, so my time playing with it is limited.

loryboy

Nov 17, 2013
No progress yet, sorry. I tried to do a full backup from the fake recovery on a class 10 card but it still reboots after a while. I managed to keep it alive longer during the backup process by pressing the home button in recovery, but it isn't a definitive fix. I want to revisit the problem, but I don't always have access to the tablet, so my time playing with it is limited.

where to find recover files to testit myself???
im sorry for my bad English!!

mad_ady

May 2, 2013
Check one page back. It's this recovery: Coby_7065_fake_recovery
It's a fake flash - meaning you boot to your normal recovery and choose Install Zip from SD and select this zip and it will start the CWM Recovery. Watch out for the 3 minute reboot bug.

zuko2010

Feb 18, 2014
hi i have a big problem my onda v701 have white robot and i try to recovery it but nothing what should i do ? plz help me

mad_ady

May 2, 2013
Can you boot to recovery at all? When going to recovery, try without any USB cables and without an SD card. Press and hold POWER +HOME when starting up until you get to the recovery screen. Once in recovery, you can try to wipe cache or to do a reset to factory defaults.

zuko2010

Feb 18, 2014
hi
mad_ady i try going to recovery with sd now i will try without sd but told me how going to recovery step by step now my tablet give me white display when off and give me black display press+hold power first and home or press and+hold home 3-4 sec and ?power ?

mad_ady

May 2, 2013
What do you mean by white display? A white andoid logo? You are supposed to press and hold power+home until you get to recovery. The white android logo is drawn by the bootloader.

If you're really desperate, if you short some specific flash pins during bootup you can put the tablet in download mode and flash an Onda firmware via their tools - but at this point it's probably too soon to try.