One confused cheap buyer

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Read the FAQ first. We have also put stickies up for these types of questions. You'll find many of these answers there.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
I've read the facts and know you can't advertise, but none of them tell me which ones to buy and where to get them...

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
Would this be able to update to Android 2.2? Combined it's over a 1Ghz. Are these any good?

saw this Tablet and it has it on there...
7 Inch Google Android 2.1 Tablet PC with 3G, WIFI, 1.1GHz CPU, G-Sensor, Camera - US$147.43 : Euogo.com

and then another one here but this one is different...
IPad Killer-New 10.2 Inch Google Android Tablet with High Performance WIFI, 3G, USB, 1GHz CPU, 256 DDR [TPGA-EPad] - US$174.90 : Euogo.com

I guess I want a tablet that is fast and not really slow or bogged down. I want the ability to update to 2.2 and have the real android market.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Both wont run Adobe Flash.

Euogo is wrong about the specs on the RK2818. You can't call a CPU like this dual core.

Just get the Coby Kyros if you are looking for a low end tablet.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
Both wont run Adobe Flash.

Euogo is wrong about the specs on the RK2818. You can't call a CPU like this dual core.

Just get the Coby Kyros if you are looking for a low end tablet.

Thanks for the info on the CPU. I just don't want to buy a crappy tablet and waste money.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The M701 is an inferior version of the Coby. What you need to do is lower your expectations.

I don't think you will be happy with a Chinese dropship tablet.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
So I've looked around and decided to wait till next month. This will allow me to save more money and prolong my decision.

So my question is, what tablet/iPad knock off is the most commonly purchased device? Link? Specs?

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
I personally have one of these and love it :D Ignore the part about the touch screen being unresponsive, it's very, very responsive for me annd the other owners and my friends all agree that it's very sensitive in a good way, you just have to use a stylus or fingernail.
I bought it from Androidtime.com who were fantastic and are very helpful.

Hope this helps,
Richardo

tabletguy

Dec 7, 2010
seems like the samsung galaxy tab and viewsonic gtablet are pretty popular. Personally I'd wait until honeycomb gets released otherwise you might risk buying a tablet that won't run honeycomb.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
Thank you all for the info. I like the 10 inch size of that tablet. Is it a 800mhz processor in that beast? 1ghz? can it be upgraded to 2.2?

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
seems like the samsung galaxy tab and viewsonic gtablet are pretty popular. Personally I'd wait until honeycomb gets released otherwise you might risk buying a tablet that won't run honeycomb.

I agree about these two but they are way over priced. IMO a tablet isn't a computer and should never be priced as much as one. For the price of these you might as well by an iPad, which again IMO is way over priced.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
Looking for the best of the best tablets for $250-$400.

Must have:
Android Market Place
2.2 and upgradeable
Front facing camera
1ghz or higher processor
GPS would be nice
7-10 inch screen

Please post any links

Thanks!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
please do a search on this as we already have multiple threads on this specific topic. As your price range is wide, and your options are not too many there should be several choices for you.