One confused cheap buyer

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
First off don't flame...

I've been looking at android tablets and am trying to decide on one to buy. I am working with a limited budget and only want to spend between $100-$200 at the most. My problem is that every time I think I decide on one, some one reviews it terrible.

here is what I am looking for:

front facing camera
WiFi
800Mhz or higher processor
multi touch display
Memory card support
2Gb or higher internal memory
7in or higher display
Android Market

any recommendations and websites to order them off of/local stores?

Thanks!

TokyoSeven

Jan 15, 2011
That is a lot to ask for in that budget range and if you do find something that has everything in that range its most likely a buyer beware situation. If you haven't already don't forget to take into consideration that the items battery is of great importance as well.
If you can bump your budget up to 250-300 you can definately find everything you would want with at least a decent amount of quality as well. Archos makes some nice tablets in your price range although Im not entirely sure if they all have front facing cameras.

Eddy123

Jan 19, 2011
this one very popular and steable and firmware be updated many times,I think you will like it: 8inch multi touch ,freescale 1.0Ghz...:

URL REMOVED - Edit: We do not tolerate posting to your personal eStore...

Last edited by a moderator:

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
I really like the archos 7 but it didn't have the android market on it. I think that's kinda of a deal breaker.

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
Adding the Android market isn't hard at all, there are a couple of posts at the Archos subforums here on it, I have a thread there which includes the Google Project code link, as well as instructions on how to see even more apps on the Android Market.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
I looked at the Archos today...my thoughts are that if you don't have a 1Ghz processor then future upgrades are kind of a bust. 2.2 really needs that 1ghz to run good from what I've read.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
Eddy how legit is your site? How many users on here have purchased from you and are the products good quality?

TokyoSeven

Jan 15, 2011
A 1ghz processor wouldnt be a terrible idea if you are intending to upgrade to honeycomb in the future either. Im running 2.2 on an 800mhz Herotab and its ok. Does not bog down to terribly on videos are games, its not awesome by any means. I believe the correct wording would to state that it is functional and does what I need it to. My galaxy tab blows it out of the water any day though.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Eddy how legit is your site? How many users on here have purchased from you and are the products good quality?

pikapp168: Kindly note that we do not allow vendors to directly advertise nor sell their products on this forum, unless they are authorized to do so (which Eddy123 is not). I am unable to tell you if this is a good company or bad. I personally have not had any experience with them, nor has anyone I know of had.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
pikapp168: Kindly note that we do not allow vendors to directly advertise nor sell their products on this forum, unless they are authorized to do so (which Eddy123 is not). I am unable to tell you if this is a good company or bad. I personally have not had any experience with them, nor has anyone I know of had.

Thank you, and being that you have not known anyone that says a lot.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
I am not trying to advertise, but I was curious what your thougts of this one...

ImportDistro USA - Buy the Rockchip aPad iRobot. Google Android Web APAD Tablet PC!

aPad OS Google Android 1.5.5 aPad CPU 600MHz Rockchip2808 CPU + 600MHz Advanced DSP aPad Performance 1.2GHz Total Rated Performance aPad RAM Installed
DDR2 128MB​
aPad's Display Diagonal Size 800x480 7.0 " LED High Sensitivity Touch Screen
Touch​
High Sensitivty​
aPad Max Resolution 800X480 aPad Display Technology TFT aPad G-Sensor Built-in, fast response. aPad Graphics Type Integrated Graphics (+DSP) Input/ Output Connectors Audio/Video Includes earbuds and Integrated mircrophone Memory Card TF card, Flash Drives (up to 32GB) Communications Wireless Connection
WIFI (Wireless Internet)​
Wireless Protocol 802.11 a/b/g;
Support External USB WIFI & OPTION : 3G (WCDMA/TDSCDMA/EVDO) I/o Ports Built-in 2.0 USB x 2, Mini SD card slot, 3.5mm Headphone, Built-in Microphone Software Operating System Android 1.5 IM Software MSN, Skype, QQ (More easily installed for free) Browser Android Chrome Lite Browser (Others available, such as Opera, for free) Office Word To Go, Sheet To Go, Slideshow To Go, PDF To Go. (Easily Installed and free to download)
Media player PeacockVideo, Music Player
Language Supports English, French, German, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and more! Mail Android Email, POP3/IMAP/SMTP Audio MP3, OGG, and many more. Video MP4 for Andriod;AVI, MKV(XVID/px/H.264), MOV, TS, M2TS, RM/RMVB, FLV, 3GP, MPEG, DAT, MP4 (support to 720P:1080x720)
Editing tools​
QUICK OFFICE​
Games/Applications​
Many free apps and games available from the Android Market App.​
Image Jpeg, Gif, Png, Bmp, and more. Other Software Google Maps,Calendar, Contacts, and many free software for Android. General aPad Battery Type 2700mAH, Multicell Li-ion batteries
Battery life and worktime :Up to 3.5 hours of surfing the web using 3G data network Battery / Run Time (up to) 4 Hours standard usage. Power Device Type
110 or 240V Input, 9V DC Output, 2A​
Voltage required 100/240V aPad Color Black and Silver Dimensions / W x D x H 19X11.8X1.4CM ;unit N.W: 0.34KG Retail Box 23X16.8X8CM ;GW:0.9KG

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
I hate shopping for these things...I thought this one was good but it's not haha...someone hook me up with some links to some that are acceptable....