OneDrive Not Syncing

Pre-Electrical

Oct 12, 2014
I was able to download all of the files from my OneDrive account, but I cannot get changes to sync from the tablet to the web.

I have turned syncing on in the settings. Is there some other easy step I'm missing?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I assume you are using the OneDrive app? What files are you trying to sync. If it's photos you have on your tablet there is a setting for that in the app but little else.

Pre-Electrical

Oct 12, 2014
Sorry, I replied to the email notification, I didn't know it wouldn't come here.

I appreciate the quick response. I had files on my computer that I loaded on my onedrive. Word docs, excel files, pictures, etc... I loaded the onedrive app on my tablet and easily had all of my files download. But while out and about today I edited one of the spreadsheets and cant get it to change the file as I view it on my computer or on the web.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The app doesn't work like your desktop. I can't see a way to do what you want/need.

Pre-Electrical

Oct 12, 2014
At work we have used skydrive for the last few years, it works great for a document that multiple people need access to. Each of us downloaded the skydrive app on our laptops and can modify the document and it will automatically update online (and subsequently everybody's PCs) for everybody else to see.

The App on the Tablet does not work the same? What is the purpose of the app then?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
To store file in the cloud.

You can send files there but even DropBox on Androoid doesn't work the same as it does on a desktop. You may want to look at something like SugarSync for the Android side.

Pre-Electrical

Oct 12, 2014
So, Can I pull the files off of the Onedrive app, and edit them, can I put the files back into the app and have them appear on-line? Or does the app just download files?

I appreciate your help.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
SugarSync is just that, a sync app. However you can edit a file and send it to OneDrive using share.