Opening up the 7015

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Has anyone figured out how to safely open up the 7015 yet? I can't seem to find a tear-down review anywhere...

jetta02awp

Dec 14, 2010
Why do you want open it? The only reason I can think of is to replace the battery...

Sent from my SPH-M900

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah, I would like to know also, just don't want to ruin mine trying to figure it out.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
I'm sure if you just toss it against the floor it will open up :) I've been tempted.
Strange how we always want to know what's inside.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
I saw somewhere on the xda forums where someone said to open it up from the bottom corner behind the USB on the back. Something to do with a screen disconnection. He opened it up, unpliged the screen connection to then plug it back it. i saw i pick of it but that was it. I on there site searching for it to see where i found it. Anyone want to help look for it. If/when i find it i will post a link.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Jetta02awp: i'm just curious...

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
After a few hours of looking lol found this New android tablet kyros tablet mid 7015 - Page 63 - xda-developers . Its only one pick though... I wantd to see a full teardown also but could never find one.... Their are a few things i was interested in.. 1 the WiFi , wanted to know if it can be changed for one that supports "N" or relocated/calibrated to work better. 2 the usb port, Haveing the tablet charge from there also. The charging plug is to flimsy.

Anyone try this please lots of closeup pics !!!

Attachments

• $coby 7015.jpg
    $coby 7015.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 851
Last edited:

ogeight

Feb 3, 2011
I just got the 7015 I can't figure out how to install the apps I found. I need help with this thing.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Hi ogeight,
This thread is about opening the Kyros like with a hammer and chisel.
If AppsLib is not installing apps for you maybe you should start a new thread with a name like:
"How do I install Apps?"
You'll get some suggestions.

jackrussell

Feb 19, 2011
I opened my coby the other day the way I got it opened is by accident. I had it in my back pocket and when I sat down it popped opened, so you know mechanics....... be warned because it has been opened the touch screen now doesn't work the way it used to work. I don't know why. The only thing i can think of is the 2 screens don't line up right anymore. If anyone has any ideas I would be glad to hear them Thank you.