Overpriced....

socalpimp

Apr 28, 2011
I wanted to like this tablet but when I saw the price I cringed. 499 for the 16gb and 80 for the pen? No way man. I played with it over in the budget tablet section next to the janky mp3s players. It seemed responsive and quick but fat by todays standards. By the look of things this wasn't flying off the shelves.

I ordered the asus eee pad when I got home

robdroid

May 4, 2011
Agree, $500 is just too much for a 7" tablet- especially seeing as the 10" tablets are considerably less.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I have to agree with these sentiments.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I really wanted one of these, and it has a lot going for it such as VERY long battery life and the digitizer but at this price it should at least be sporting Tegra2. When I found out the pen would be an extra $80 I decided to get a Galaxy Tab for $350. You know this may be petty but the style of the Galaxy Tab is light years ahead of the Flyer.
If I wasn't on kind of a tight budget I probably would have bought a Flyer over the Tab but I just couldn't justify the $250 extra.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
That and the supposed promise of honeycomb is off putting. Why didn't it launch with honeycomb? Hmm

marcjac

Feb 25, 2011
Slightly late to this dance but I wanted to echo the sentiments of everyone here. I've been considering the benefits of a small form factor, and when you compare the "old" 7" Galaxy Tab to the new HTC flyer, I can't justify the additional $$. If you're willing to pay $20/month for the Verizon data plan, you can get a Tab for $199 ($149 refurb). The reviews I've read tell me there are many happy Tab users who think the form factor and functionality are "spot on" for the price. So I'm probably going to trot on down to my local VZ store in the next week or 2 and grab one (Tab). I'd always been impressed with HTC but I really am disappointed that they seem to have missed the mark so poorly with the Flyer. But to each his/her own, this is just my .03 cents :)

-Marc

CenFlo

Dec 23, 2010
I just bought one and it's a reallllly nice tablet. I had two gift cards from Best Buy sitting around and finally put them to good use.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I just bought one and it's a reallllly nice tablet. I had two gift cards from Best Buy sitting around and finally put them to good use.

I played with one for a while and I agree it is a fast capable tablet, the digitiser/pen combo is something I hope to see more of. If it is updated to Honeycomb I wonder if there will be any issues with the fact it is a single core processor.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

s0ldier93

Apr 7, 2011
Work justified this one for me. Best Buy's 4th of July "get the pen free" sale sealed the deal. Now all i need is root access.

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
yeah $299 and you have yourself a nice 7" tablet with pen capability. not as good as the iconia $230 amazon deal earlier this year but both can run honeycomb 3.2