Overview of Android Tablets on the Market, Classified by Chipsets

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Thanks for setting this up and getting it started.
Q. What is the ideal and available tablet that would be suited best to start programming for?

My thought is to focus on one device that provides the best platform for doing development for. I have Eclipse and the ADT up and running and have delivered code there.
Now, I want to know next steps. Like building a ROM or whole-new release of the running OS on the device. As well as tablet specific development.
Can you add some details for where you would suggest I get this information?

Thanks in advance

We need to wait for a proper company to release an Android tablet. Chinese tablets never release with source code. Archos is rebranding most of the time and does not seem interested in firmware development.

Samsung Tab is the first feasible product for development that I see. The VIA WM8505 kernel source has been open sourced, but the performance of the device is so subpar that there is no point.

charliebrown408

Oct 7, 2010
New model arrived at 2011 that OEM tablet PC with this features:
1>.Mini Laptop 7" TFT Tablet PC Touch LCD
2>.Google Android ,RAM:128MB DDR2
3>.Support MSN,SKYPE,GTALK,etc
4>.WIFI:802.11

siraniko96

Oct 21, 2010
Where does the ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v51) fall under the chipsets? Is it equal to the Rockchip 2808?

Thanks in advance

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
are you familiar with the Infotm X220 chip?
Supposedly that's ARM11, and runs up to 1 GHz. Check the manufacturer site:
www.infotmic.com

(doesn't seem to load)

But I was Googling at one point and there was a data sheet floating around for it I believe...

TRaCoN

Nov 30, 2010
Hi. I want to buy a 10" tablet but there are lots of tablets with kinds of processors. I don't know which is the best or worth to buy. There are rockchip, ZT-108, ZT-180 etc. on the markets. Please could someone clarify these and tell which is worth to buy to me? For instance I am thinking about this one:
Wholesale 2010 Newest 10.2 inch laptop google android 2.1 1GHz 256M memory 2GB storage wifi webcam zt 108 netbook free
Thanks in advance.

Vahid

Dec 13, 2010
This is very informative, nicely done. Could you also provide a comparison of various models connectivity and memory expansion capacity? Thanks.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Check the 'chart' in my sig for that. It probably needs some updating as well, but it's not mine

axelious

Jan 31, 2011
yes very usefull information, know I've a better idea about what to do with my MID. I've the RK2818 to be my first tablet it rocks! but I'm afraid I don't know the exact parameters. Just give me some time!!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Added AMLOGIC AML8726-M, Freescale IMX535, Samsung S5PV210

budhzie

Feb 8, 2011
hi, i'm new here, great lists, it's easier to searching tablets by chipset.
i am interesting with freescale iMX515 and Samsung S5PV210, represented by APAD IMX515 and Aishou S5PV210, i have read Samsung seems better in all things
but i don't know which ones are better, in product quality, battery life, and real time performance.
how do you think of them?, APAD and Aishou.

thanks.