Pandigital EReader - error reads "cannot parse package" when trying to download

jenjenjasp

Feb 19, 2012
Help! :confused:

I have tried everything I can think of, including things I have learned here (which is a lot). and yes, we reset it to factory settings.

We got my daughter the PD Novel 7" for christmas. It has been great. Until she somehow got a virus. we wiped it, made sure the virus was gone, loaded the AVG tablet antivirus, and it is running great.

EXCEPT - we cannot download apps now. sigh. no matter what she tries to download and install, up pops the error message

"Parse Error: There is a problem parsing the package."

Can anyone help us through this? Puhhhhlllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaase?
:(

urdrwho

Feb 21, 2012
On 2/16/12 I received a Supernova and immediately hacked it to get to the Android market. I get that same message but I don't know if it is something I would have received before the hack. Usually if I side load the app, it will install just fine. Not sure how to stop the error message but side loading may be a work-around option for you.

Help!:confused:

I have tried everything I can think of, including things I have learned here (which is a lot). and yes, we reset it to factory settings.

We got my daughter the PD Novel 7" for christmas. It has been great. Until she somehow got a virus. we wiped it, made sure the virus was gone, loaded the AVG tablet antivirus, and it is running great.

EXCEPT - we cannot download apps now. sigh. no matter what she tries to download and install, up pops the error message

"Parse Error: There is a problem parsing the package."

Can anyone help us through this? Puhhhhlllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaase?
:(

jenjenjasp

Feb 19, 2012
woohoo!! an answer! thank you so much.

i have no idea what most of that meant - hacking, side loading, etc - but now at least i can look it up and learn!

thank you soooooooooooooo much. now we have to figure out why she keeps getting the error that there is no room when there is oodles of room. sigh.

technology - gotta love it!

Nov 11, 2012
On 2/16/12 I received a Supernova and immediately hacked it to get to the Android market. I get that same message but I don't know if it is something I would have received before the hack. Usually if I side load the app, it will install just fine. Not sure how to stop the error message but side loading may be a work-around option for you.

What does "side load" the app mean? And how do you do it?