Peace and all Good!

BrCadfael

Sep 8, 2012
Hello All,

Friar Carmen here, a Franciscan Friar of the Assumption Province with HQ in Franklin Wisconsin. I'm presently stationed in Hazleton PA. Because of my work both as a Resource Person for the Province's personnnel and my teaching post at a local college, I've moved into the Android Tablet world for the sake of having needed information immediately at hand. I am a novice at this whole thing, but a fast learner and am motivated to do so. My presence here will be sporadic due to my varied schedules and most of my time here will be to learn about the world of the Android Tablet, its utilities (apps I think they're called . . . ) and how I can apply its power in my work. data storage and retreival will be the main source of my work backed up with on-line research. Sorry, but I'm not into games, this has got to be a work-oriented endeavor. Any help as far as introduction to the workings of the Andriod Tablet will be gratefully received. Thanks in advance for putting a reference center such as this together. It looks to be a wonderful resouce!
Blessings!

P.S. I hope my Avatar is acceptable it's a sable husky by the name of Apollo, I just lost him September 2 to cancer. He was the teacher and wise leader of my pack of rescues. A great Soul and deeply missed. I thought it would be a fitting memorial to adopt his image as my Avatar. . . . Thank you!!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Friar Carmen,

Welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. To get started, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for some good general information about tablets and Android.

If you have any questions, just look down the main forum page at http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/ to find the appropriate forums to post them in. I don't believe we have a forum dedicated to your tablet. If/when you have a problem or a question specific to your tablet, the Android Tablet Q&A/ section would be the place to go. We also have several sections dedicated to the various apps available, you can ignore the one for games if you wish.:)

Your Avatar is perfectly acceptable. Apollo was a beautiful animal and I'm sorry for your loss. I lost a Black Lab not long ago, and I know a little about how you feel.

Enjoy your tablet and your time on the forum!
Spider.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 4, 2010
Hello and welcome to forum Friar Carmen! Congrats on the android tab and sorry to hear about the loss of Apollo!