Perils of Bluetooth on A2109 - Logitech Tablet Keyboard oddity

ardentblue

Mar 20, 2013
Logitech Bluetooth® Wireless Tablet Keyboard and Case for Windows 8, Windows RT and Android 3.0+
Logitech 920-004569

Oops, there is a SMALL "Search for Devices" in the upper right of the Bluetooth screen. Tap that, and waa-laa, the Logitech Tablet Keyboard shows up, tap it to pair, a message with the ID code shows up, you type that on the BT keyboard, enter, and it is recognized.

In short, the Logitech Tablet Keyboard works with the A2109, and it works at the same time as a M$ BT Notebook Mouse 5000. The Logitech Tablet keyboard has a folding case / tablet stand that works quite nicely.

Lenovo says: "AVAILABLE DEVICES: After Bluetooth has been activated, your IdeaTab will automatically display a list of any Bluetooth-enabled devices it can find within the effective range (i.e. scan for devices)."

That is _NOT_ totally true. After Bluetooth is activated, tap "Search for devices", THEN you can see all new devices...

Original confusion because I didn'tap "Search for Devices" in upper right corner-

Sorta stumped, my IdeaTab is set to announce it's presence, the Logitech Tablet keyboard LED is blinking green, yet there is no BT device discovered. Tried hitting the rear button on the Logitech that says "Connect", still nothing.

Is there a way to force BT recognition, or is there an app to search for BT devices?

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It sounds as if you are on the right track. Try a restart of the tablet.