Play Store Stopped Working after Updating to ICS 4.0.2

Amuthan

May 31, 2012
Australia got the ICS 4.0.2 , OTA today.
I updated my Sony Tablet S. Looks so much better in terms of features.

Bad news: Google Play Store has stopped working. The message is been displayed again and again on the screen which is annoying.

I tried installing Play Store APK manually using ES File Explorer. But no luck. Still the same annoying message.

Hoping to reset the Tablet / erase the data go back to 3.2.0 and then upgrade to 4.0.2

If anyone has found a remedy please let me know / post here. Cheers!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Go to settings - apps - all and find the Store app. Tap on it and tell it to clear cache, force stop and reboot to see if that helps.

allan40alt

Jan 23, 2011
This is what I did:

Just head over to your tablet settings, select apps and choose the google play store app. From there you`ll be able to uninstall the app. You`ll notice that the google play store will go back to the original factory version. Open the store and you`ll be prompted to upgrade. Do so and you`ll. Have your store back.

alexsts2010

Jun 18, 2012
Go to settings - apps - all and find the Store app. Tap on it and tell it to clear cache, force stop and reboot to see if that helps.

Sony S tablet, updated from original to 4.0.3 recently. Same problem Google play store not running.
Followed advice here, result:

Did not help.
Google store still not running..
Even worse I lost all my downloaded apps...

Any other ideas?

Last edited:

alexsts2010

Jun 18, 2012
looks like I got solution.
Uninstall Google play store and use android apps store instead.
Works for me.
But only after I removed google store completely from the list of my apps.

AngSays

Oct 20, 2012
I finally found the answer on another forum. All you have to do is verify that the date and time is correct. It sounds too simple to be true but somehow my "auto detect settings for date and time" box was unchecked. I went in and checked that box, the time updated, and now I can access the App Store!
That was too close! I had tried so many things I was just about to do a factory reset.