Please Give Me Opinion

shortstone

Nov 8, 2011
The Dell Streak 7 is going to be 159.99 online from Best Buy for Black Friday (and probably through the xmas season off and on) and I really need to know some things before trying to get two of them. I mainly intend to use the Streak as a communication (AAC) device for my autistic sons. Most of the APPS for what I am trying to do use smallish mostly cartoon-like (but sometimes real pics of things) icons that turn a touch choice into speech. Screen resolution does not have to be the greatest but don't want fuzzy either. Reaction to touch is important (don't want something that one touch does a bunch of repeating or selects the wrong thing). Sound is important as the whole purpose is for them to communicate with others. Durability would be great but is not in my top requirements as no device my boys have had has been autism-proof. I'm looking for functional, inexpensive, and replaceable. I tried a really cheap Sylvania but it didn't do so well on touch screen and sound. I like the 7" screen size compared to my Vizio VTAB 8" (an inch really makes a difference on holding comfort and portability).

So what say you Streak users? I thank you for any insight you can give me.

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
The Dell Streak 7 has great touch response (2 fingers max) and great loud sound quality. The Tegra 2 chip is a very respectable performance chip. With a bit of modification you can get 8+ hours of battery life.

The screen is a Corning Gorilla Glass, which is mostly impact-proof.....mostly, but the sides/back damage could result in it breaking but I have yet to see that. I have dropped mine several times, and given demonstrations of the screen where I have punched the screen repeatedly, taken keys to it, smacked it with a pen tip till the pen broke.....not a dent or scratch or crack.

I've owned a Slyvania and what a POS compared to the DS7

viziovtab

Nov 21, 2011
i just got a streak 7 at bb for 158 and a vizio vtab at 189 at costco. one will be returned.. i don't know which one. wwyd