please help. MID7024 recovery goes to black screen with penguin and thats it.

elemist2

May 5, 2011
i didnt have to change the camera. it was already hi704 on the mid8024 u-boot.bin. thanks for the tip about the overclocked uboot in gingerbread. i think that will be my next thing to have fun with. ill do some testing over the next few weeks and see if the overclocking does anything to my tablet

elemist2

May 5, 2011
im pretty sure i just messed up hex editing the uboot from the gingerbread rom you mentioned..my tablet dosent show anything on the screen (Dosent even seem to be turning on) and wont boot a recovery off of the internal or external flash. its verry different from before and i think i may have just permanatly bricked it. if you guys think this is the case also do you think anyone on here would wanna buy it for parts so i can start saving up for another one?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
im pretty sure i just messed up hex editing the uboot from the gingerbread rom you mentioned..my tablet dosent show anything on the screen (Dosent even seem to be turning on) and wont boot a recovery off of the internal or external flash. its verry different from before and i think i may have just permanatly bricked it. if you guys think this is the case also do you think anyone on here would wanna buy it for parts so i can start saving up for another one?

There's a thread at slateroid on how to unbrick a tablet you might want to try.

Btw did you try pressing the reset button? Happen to my tablet once, not responding to any button press.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

elemist2

May 5, 2011
yea i tried the reset. the lights light up when i press power but nothing else works. i belive i messed up the uboot.bin so now it wont turn on. i will go look at that forum and check out that fix. ill get back to you later after i have tried that fix

elemist2

May 5, 2011
i am having trouble finding the topic with the slatedroid link that actually fixed the problem i can only find topics where people have failed. maby im not looking in the right places. could you possibly give me the link so i can get the ball rolling. thank you for being patient with me and being so helpful.

elemist2

May 5, 2011
ok i realy messed it up now trying one of the links. i fried the board.. then i dropped the soldering iron on it so its all messed up now. so i got parts for sale all the parts except for the motherboard and the volume button board. should i try to sell the partshere or on ebay?

Last edited:

elemist2

May 5, 2011
thank you.. that was actually the first link i looked at but my tablet wasnt even booting to get to that point but thanks anyways man. thank you for all the help you have given me

Jjaye007

Mar 3, 2012
I bought a MID7024 and now I forgot the password to my screen can anyone help me recover or reset my tablet to factory mode? I tried resetting it with the side botton it didn't work I've been at this for a month I've contact coby they haven't replied with anything but to only have me send in my tablet! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!