Need help please!!!! Epad 10.2 android 2.1 not working

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
Hi,
Well I searched and searched on here to try and find a thread that would help with my problem. While I found some close to what I need none realy helped. so here goes.
I have what was listed as a 10.2 Google epad using Android 2.1. I bought this off ebay for Christmas and it worked real well till yesterday. When I turn on the unit the penguin comes on then the little android words followed by the large android words then after a few minutes the screen goes black and there is nothing. I have tried the reset hole many times and nothing happens. I have tried to push many different combination of buttons no good. If you have any suggestions please help.
Thanks

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
First ,What chipset? If it is A8 Cortex Im515 at 800MHZ , it just committed suicide, between Dec-Jan build, a large number of buyers, all have been complaining of your exact scenario bad internal wiring' Most people do not want to open up and start soldering the motherboard, I sent two back to China and wrote them off after being stroked by sellers for two months about them being repaired and sent back!(***************) Do not patronize these thieves.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
No it sounds like he either has a Zenithink Gen 1 or a Gome Flytouch II variant.

There are ways to reflash the firmwares on these things manually, but I am not entirely certain if it will help.

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
So how do you reflash these manually. I have searched on the web and can find nothing about it. It has no name on it or the box. And when I purchased it off of ebay it only said 10.2 Google epad using Android 2.1. If it helps it has a light when charging it is red and when in use it is blue. it has on top a power button and plugin of some sort and another button for the menu. On the right side, power plug in, usb plug in another plug for something, hole that says reset, hole for mic. Speakers are on the bottum. Don't know any other thing I can do to figure it out. thanks

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
Hey everyone I finally found a site on the net that helped. I had to download some files on my windows computer and then download the drivers for the ZT-180 on it hook the tablet up by the small usb port and then using this software was able to reload or reflash or whatever and it worked. If anyone else needs the information I will post it on here when I find it again.

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
No it sounds like he either has a Zenithink Gen 1 or a Gome Flytouch II variant.

There are ways to reflash the firmwares on these things manually, but I am not entirely certain if it will help.

Thanks for the idea I searched for how to reflash the zt-180 on yahoo and found the answer

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
Here is how I reflashed my zt-180 and it worked!!
Step 1 - Go to ZT-180_1204fw.rar
download the zt-180 rar file
step 2 - extract the file and put it in a folder (download folder)
step3 - locate the correct zImage file for your tablet (models built before Aug.15 use 1024x576) rename it zImage
step 4 - run Burntool.exe
step - 5 - with tablet turned off connect to computer using the mini-USB port on the side of tablet ( you may have to install the drivers for this tablet)
step 6- On the tablet hold down the Top Menue button and then press the power button
step 7 - the first status box in burntool should light up green
step 8- click the start button in the burntool to comence update. Disconnect the usb when compleat and press the home button.

hmksmith

May 21, 2011
I have downloaded the ZT-180_120fw.rar file. How to unzip? My ZT-180 acts like it is completely wiped clean. I am trying to creat a boot disk of some sort on my microSD to recover. Would appreciate some words of wisdom.