Please help - Unable to access market website on Pioneer Epad 7"

Magnifique

Jan 31, 2011
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but I really do need help.
I recently received a Christmas gift of a Pioneer ePad DreamBook 7"
Every time I try to download an app from the web, it tells me that the webpage is not available, and that I should check that I have an internet connection. I use a ethernet cable to connect to the web, and it seems to work fine on all webpages but the market.
Is this a common problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it?
I would really like this fixed soon because without the access to the market, the ePad has little to no use to me whatsoever.
Third party apps from the two applications that came with the ePad are made more for phones, and are not always compatible.
Can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Not all Android devices have access to the Market by default. A device has to be authorized at the vendor level, which is completely different from having a google account, or having the Android OS installed. Now, you may be in luck however, please look closely at your device when you boot it up do you see P10AN01 flash during the boot process? If you do, then you have one of the 7" Dreambooks that is basically the same device as the Advent Vega tablet. If that is the case, you can flash it over to the Vega ROM, and then do the market fix, and you have a very good tablet on your hands.

Hope this is not too confusing...

Magnifique

Jan 31, 2011
Thank you for replying.
No, it's not confusing, but unfortunately I don't think that my device is the type you described. Is there anything else I can do? Would upgrading to the revision 2 OS help, or would that not change anything?
Is there other way of "jailbreaking" my device? (obviously this is not the correct term to use but I could not think of another way to describe it)
I would tell you the model number but I can't find it anywhere on the box or in the instruction booklet.
Would changing to a different Linux based OS be in any way advisory? I understand that this can absolutely wreck the tablet, am I correct?

cmcv

Dec 23, 2011
Hi I am interested in info on rooting & flashing this device to as I want to us it for a 6 & 4 yr old both boys. Mainly for reading, maths, games, & drawing & colouring games.