Please Help

Tes

Nov 11, 2010
Hi All

Im new to all this modern technology, :confused: unfortunately for me, my children are not.....

Im thinking of buying tablets for my children for Christmas. Can anyone recommend a decent model for a reasonable price.

Any help or advice is welcomed. :)

Thanks Guys

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
I think the main consideration you need is a tablet that either has or can be upgraded to have the "android market" app so that you can access a large library of apps.
If you are willing to go the ebay route you can search for the zenithink zt-180. i saw better deals then what i paid for mine in shanghai china, but as usual look for the rating of the seller(that he/she did deliver) and use paypal in case problems with delivery arise. of course there is a usa dealer "zenithink usa" that you can buy from if you are concerned about buying from overseas.

Tes

Nov 11, 2010
Thank you so much, I have seen a few on dhgate.....do you rate any of the following:

7 inch EKEN M002 WiFi Mid Laptop Tablet PC Notebook Touch Screen Google Android OS 1.6 800Mhz

Apad Ipad M70003 7 inch WiFi Touch screen Laptop Google Android OS 1.7 MID eBook Facebook 1PCS

Has anyone used the china sellers on dhgate??? Are they compatible to use in the UK? I really dont have a clue about these products...

If anyone can give me a few options. I really want them for the children to use for games, nusic and social networking. I dont want to purchase cheap items for cheap quality but I dont want to pay a fortune for them.

Kind Regards

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Too bad you are in the UK. The US has a lot of good options right now, but I'm not sure how it looks in Europe.

I'd try a web store instead if you must get one like pandawill or euogo

Don't get anything less than Android 2.1. Avoid Eken, VIA.

Save up for the Archos 70. It's your best bet.

Tes

Nov 11, 2010
Just out of curiosity....what is wrong with the EKEN and VIA???

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Think of a car. The EKENs have engines like the VIA8505 series. These are like a Citroen 2CV or Morris Minor in regards to power and capability. They will get you there, but you will be disappointed in how long it takes. They are fine for E-Readers, Simple Web browsing or simple Music viewing. But even overclocked do not have the power to do high performance things like 3D Games or HD video well or without major stutter or lockup
The minimum Chipset you should consider is the Telechips 8902 or the RockChips 2818. You will be disappointed otherwise. Spend the extra 30-50 Euro for it. Otherwise, you will be hitting your head in 30-90 days
Or Just wait for the holiday sales, These will be more widely available.

Tes

Nov 11, 2010
I have been recomended New G10 Haipad Android 2.1 Tablet with 7 Inch Multi Touch Screen, Accelerometer, Camera,
What do you guys think of this product?

Your feedback is much appriated
Thanks
Tes

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The G10 and G11 are good examples of a base tablet to consider in my opinion. The one issue I have heard about is some of the early units had some quality issues. It might be one to consider.

I have seen them as low as $170USD and free shipping from China. But no idea about the vendor.. Check the thread of trusted vendors in another thread.

Tes

Nov 11, 2010
Thanks for the advice.

Do you think the X5A Plus Telechip Android 2.1 Android Tablet PC with 1080P HDMI Port, Accelerometer, Multi Touch Screen is a better product than the G10?

Your views are much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Tes

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
i have the haipad 701 which i got from Euogo.com for about $170 - took about 13 days to get to california from China - i am loving it - my uses are for browsing news sites (USA Today, huffington post, new scientist, cnet), getting email, reading forums (including this one - using tapatalk) and watching animated videos from youtube...and oh yes listening to streaming radio via pandora

some understanding of its responsiveness - when i first power on my haipad, it looks like to turns on fairly quickly but i discovered that although i can see the display and log in past the security it is at first unresponsive - I am assuming it is running a variety of tasks in the background - after a couple of minutes it is ok - i use ES Task Manager (came with it) to basically kill all tasks before i even start and i find the unit becomes very responsive. Now i make it a habit to kill tasks (and release some memory) before moving on the another task - i.e. after browsing the web, i kill task before moving on.

I have been recomended New G10 Haipad Android 2.1 Tablet with 7 Inch Multi Touch Screen, Accelerometer, Camera,
What do you guys think of this product?

Your feedback is much appriated
Thanks
Tes

Tes

Nov 11, 2010
I think im going to get these for my teenagers, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. :)

Couple of questions, call me dumb,but Im new to these gadgets, can you charge the through a usb to your laptop? Can they access facebook/social networking sites? Can you get headphones for them? :confused:

Regards