Please please could you advise me on which of these tablets would be better to get?

Piglet81

Jan 2, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I don't currently own a tablet but would really like to buy one, looking around it seems in most cases that with a Chinese branded tablet you get a lot more for a lot less money. I've sort of narrowed it down after days and days of researching, and would really appreciate some advise on whether these tablets are any good. I would be using it for all sorts of things and would like to get as much for my money as possible if you know what i mean?
I'm looking into the Icoo ICOU10GT ICOO ICOU10GT Quad Core A31 Tablet PC 10.1 Inch Android 4.1 IPS Screen 2G Ram 4K Video Gold and the Onda V972 Onda V972 Quad Core 16GB 9.7 inch Retina Screen 2048*1536 Android 4.1 HDMI Dual Camera, i understand they haven't been released yet but maybe you could give me some advise on the specs? I just don't want to make the wrong choice and end up disappointed.
Thanks so much for reading my first post and happy new year! :D

Last edited:

power5

Jan 4, 2013
Somehow that Onda has a quad core and 2048x1536 resolution screen for $250. I would say that is the one you want. The first one is half that resolution for only $20 less. Seems a no brainer to me. If those specs are accurate.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi Piglet, everybody wants the best bang for the buck but there are a couple of sayings that go along with that... you usually get what you pay for and if it seems too good to be true it probably is. While there are some good Chinese tablets out there many over promise and under deliver. Just jeep that in mind as your make you evaluations. Narrowing it down to a few specific models and then asking for input here is a good start. At the end of the day though you will have to decide if saving the extra $150 or so is worth the compromise vs. a Nexus 10 which is a good benchmark for the devices you are looking at.

JP

Nibiru2012

Oct 6, 2012
All these tablets have only 16 GB of internal storage. They're both with the Allwinner A31 QuadCore CPUs.

If you're getting one to seriously use though it would be better to get a Nexus 10 or an Asus TF700. Both have better specs, but cost more money.