ployer momo wifi issue.

bokkie

Apr 27, 2012
Hi. I have had my ployer mono 11 for a month now and have been having trouble with the wifi from day one.
Sitting 2 metres from the router, in the same room, and I only get 1 or 2 bar signal strength.
it also frequently drops off for a minute or so.
I know its not my router as it works perfect on my laptop.
Any help or fixes?
Thx

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Though I'm not familiar with your tablet, I have found that many of the WiFi problems can be traced to the router. My first suggestion would be to power down the router for 30 seconds and after it's fully powered up, restart your tablet. Another possibility would be to change the type of security, maybe from WEP to WPA or possibly the other way around. Some tablets are also quite sensitive to certain channels on the router. There is an app on the Google Store called WiFi analyzer that will also help to determine your signal strength and if the channel you are set to may be overlapping one of a nearby device.

Mergic

Jun 5, 2012
I also had problems with a weak wifi signal and think the only real solution is to open the tablet up and move the wifi antenna. Have a look at THIS link and the photos on THIS translated Spanish forum. It's quite straightforward, you just need to carefully use a plastic tool (maybe a picnic knife or a guitar plectrum) to slide down the side and around the aluminium case and be very careful of the speaker wires. The antenna is stuck down well and took quite a lot to pry off so just do it gradually.

BTW - Yesterday I also decided to flash update the Bird-Neutral-0522 (20120522) firmware update and first impressions are very good. Software is working smoothly (I was getting quite a lag web browsing before) and I'm really impressed. All Chinese Apps and writing have gone, this boots up into an English setup. I've re-installed a load of apps and everything seems to run as good or better than before. iPlayer app seemed to not like my setup before but is working fine now. The setup has replaced MOMO11 for the 'Model number' in my settings and now says '3C97', but I guess if that's what Ployer find works best then that's fine.

You can download it HERE

spuddy01

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks Mergic for the translated links, followed this guide & has made a big difference to my wifi connection on the momo 11 :)

brett0004

Mar 26, 2012
I did this yesterday to my Momo11 and it has made a huge difference to the wifi reception, you need to be very carefull when releasing the back aluminium cover and dont rush, just work your way around releasing the clips with something like a guitar plectrum and a very small flat blade screw driver.

irishpancake

Jun 8, 2012
I also had problems with a weak wifi signal and think the only real solution is to open the tablet up and move the wifi antenna. Have a look at THIS link and the photos on THIS translated Spanish forum. It's quite straightforward, you just need to carefully use a plastic tool (maybe a picnic knife or a guitar plectrum) to slide down the side and around the aluminium case and be very careful of the speaker wires. The antenna is stuck down well and took quite a lot to pry off so just do it gradually.

BTW - Yesterday I also decided to flash update the Bird-Neutral-0522 (20120522) firmware update and first impressions are very good. Software is working smoothly (I was getting quite a lag web browsing before) and I'm really impressed. All Chinese Apps and writing have gone, this boots up into an English setup. I've re-installed a load of apps and everything seems to run as good or better than before. iPlayer app seemed to not like my setup before but is working fine now. The setup has replaced MOMO11 for the 'Model number' in my settings and now says '3C97', but I guess if that's what Ployer find works best then that's fine.

You can download it HERE

Hi Mergic...

I just want to thank you for your post, with the links, translated and all!!!!

As you have probably guessed, my Bird arrived from the guy I mentioned elsewhere, and he was fantastic with comms, delivery, etc.

Paid on Saturday, and delivered to my home in Ireland on Tuesday, by our equivalent of RM, called An Post surprisingly enough ;)

However, the WiFi was just terrible, I had to be sitting beside my Router to get any reasonable signal, and if I moved, it disappeared completely!!!

But this fix fixed it!!!! completely, and now it is as good as any device, i have a Samsung GT-18150...and the Tablet is about equal to it WiFi wise, also my Lappy is better, but the Missus Netbook is not as good as MoMo!!!!

However, just a word of warning, opening this Tablet is not as simple as it seems from the pics, etc.

you need a good strong pair of hands, strong fingernails (not bitten like mine!!!)...

but perseverance and patience got it off, be careful of the speaker connections to the back panel, they are short......short

Also, my antenna was literally buried and glued to the screen, almost completely under the battery!!!!!

I had a lot of digging and levering to do, and I managed to get it out without breaking it, but I had to leave a little of the L shaped thing behind, but this had no circuitry on it, so all is good.

I don't know how anyone who has no experience with doing this kinda stuff would cope!!!

bokkie

Apr 27, 2012
Thx mate. A bit of a mission but I got it done. Huge improvement.
My wifi antenna was half embedded under the battery so had to cut the tape and accidently tore it a bit.
Thought I'd stuffed it, but all is good.
thanks again.

irishpancake

Jun 8, 2012
Thx mate. A bit of a mission but I got it done. Huge improvement.
My wifi antenna was half embedded under the battery so had to cut the tape and accidently tore it a bit.
Thought I'd stuffed it, but all is good.
thanks again.

Cheers man, hope all is OK with your Tablet....mine is now going fine, done a couple of things to improve on Stock ROM as delivered......

I have applied the new Ployer firmware, and it's pretty good, no Chinese stuff, pretty fast, and all good.....

I also use Go Launcher HD for Tablet, and it is rapid!!!

Next, I applied Zepp's V6 Super Charger to manage memory and give tweaks galore....

it is worth doing...your Tablet will fly.....

just like a Momo Bird!!!

I have the firmware in my Dropbox, with LiveSuit and instructions, if you want to download, Ployer is soooooo slow.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32953239/9.7 Neutral 4.0 ROM-M02-1709.20120522.zip

All the best!!!

Last edited:

jimmypop

Jul 8, 2012
hello,

I'm new here, but i already got some information from irishpancake true the xda forum.

i'm expecting my momo 11 this week that i bought on amazon and is delivered by DracoTek.

I send DracoTek an email with the question if the wifi is already fixed (because i read there are some problems)

I got 2 emails back:

Hello Diederik:

Hope you are fine.
Thanks for your order and inquiry.
As if you mean the wifi, it is a must-test before shipping to you, please not worry..

Many thanks and wish you a pleasant day!

Sincerely

and:

Hello Diederik:

Hope you are fine.

Thanks for your order and contacting.

As all the product will be re-tested before shipping to customer, including tablet's wifi connection etc, to ensure the product arrive you in good working order.
I think there shall be no issue with wifi, otherwise, our QC will stop it or replace it.

Many thanks.

If any questions, pls let me know freely.
Appreciate your support.

Best Regards
John

i hope that it is true !!

I will let you guy's know

bokkie

Apr 27, 2012
Yes they probably do test it.
My wifi was working to start with, just that I was only getting about 500 kb- 1 mb dl speed.after the surgery it's now up to 25 mb, so whilst it was always working there is a marked Improvement.
They probably don't check the speed, only that it's working.
Hope I'm wrong, but reckon you might need to do some surgery.

krissboo

May 13, 2012
Got my momo today, wifi works PERFECT !! i even get a signal from my wifi upstairs where my galaxy w doesn't pick up the signal.

Great Tablet for a great price !!

Hi Jimmypop,

Glad you're enjoying your Momo. Sounds like the latest versions are sorted as far as Wifi and slow performance goes. Can i ask what firmware /version of ICS you're on?

krissboo

May 13, 2012
Cheers guys,

Am still on 4.0.3 but wondered where the UK importer of these got his 4.0.4 from (GTR Electronics)
Maybe 4.0.4 is out for the Momo8 but not the Momo11. Will have to keep checking.