Polaroid's CES Android Tablets: 7-Inch M7 Tablet $129 & 10-Inch M10 Tablet $229

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Polaroid-M7and10-jpg.jpg

Polaroid recently unveiled their kids tablet, but today they also revealed a couple of entry level mainstream tablets that come with very affordable pricing. The Polaroid M7 is a 7-inch offering that will sell for a paltry $129.99, and the Polaroid M10 is their 10-inch product that will sell for just $229.99. Here is what we know about these:

Polaroid M7 = $129.99
  • 7-inch 1,280 x 800 HD pixel display 216ppi
  • Dual-core processor of unspecified kind
  • 2-megapixel camera
  • 8GB Storage, expandable via microSD slot
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
  • 2MP Camera in Front
  • WiFi and Bluetooth
Polaroid M10 = $229.99
  • 10-inch 1,280 x 800-pixel IPS screen
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
  • Quad-core processor (also unspecified type)
  • 16GB of expandable internal storage via microSC slot
  • HDMI-out
  • Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
  • 5-megapixel rear camera
  • 2-megapixel front camera
These specs are fairly mid-range, but when coupled with these prices seem fairly appealing. Share your thoughts.

Source: Polaroid

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
I like these. Good combination of budget price and performance. I find it interesting that their UI has a W8 live tile look to it.

Ying_Ko

Jan 13, 2013
I have the 4.3 inch Polaroid and the only feature I don't like is the lack of Google Play Store. The Windows 8 sort of random block of information is alright, but I usually go to the normal icon menu rather than flip through the various screens. It can use the Amazon App Store, GetJar, and a few other stores. A question, does anyone here really like the Windows 8 interface? Is there a real advantage to it? I find the Sheldon comic Sheldon® Comic Strip: Daily Webcomic by Dave Kellett sums up my feeling well.Ying_Ko

captainkirkw

Nov 15, 2012
If the Playstore is accessible with these, then I might be in for one as I am looking for a decent yet inexpensive 10" Android tablet. I think there will be a fair amount of offerings to choose from this year though.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
If the Playstore is accessible with these, then I might be in for one as I am looking for a decent yet inexpensive 10" Android tablet. I think there will be a fair amount of offerings to choose from this year though.

I really love my A2109. The screen is not anywhere near as bad as its reputation. The biggest problem is if you're trying to read the display with it pointed at your stomach. Honestly, those reviewers evaluate the screen at some ridiculous angles. But the most important point for me is the size. After moving from a 10" tablet, I find the 9-incher to be much easier to handle and type with.

Last I checked, the A2109 had a 4.5 reviewer rating on Newegg and 4.2 at Best Buy. Stop by our forum for some user opinions :).

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD