possible e-store

mjohnson7110

Nov 18, 2010
Hello fellow android tableters. I just found out that tomorrow is my last day off work got to love corporate company's and was thinking about opening my own e-store and selling the android tablets. I was going to sell on ebay and I remembered all the hassel I went thru just to sell a $25 dollar r/c car. Surely don't want to go thru that mess again. Would any of the forum members give me some input on wether or not to do it.

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
Im a parttime seller on ebay, lenseguy and i do it because my hobby is photography. Its a good way to get into retail without alot of upfront costs and you can foldup anytime you want.
However you have to stand out from the competition in some manner and its mainly cost. So can you beat the chinese and best buys and walmarts at there own game. Or can you secure an exclusive contract to sell the tablet on ebay.
Now an angle you might try is selling refurbished tablets there is a seller cametaauctions who is actually a small brick and mortar but has an oversized reputation on ebay

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
well as a buyer I can say and this is to piggy back hoben's post. If you want to be successful then be an honest and decently priced tablet seller. You say you don't want to go the ebay route but I say if you can provide the customer assistance necessary that comes with this area and you can do so selling decent priced tablets, you could do alright.

Just look at all the posts about bad ebay sellers, while there are some good ones the bad greatly outweighs the good. Most times you will find people are willing to spend a little extra if in return they are assured they will be taken care of if any issues arise.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Hey mjohnson:

I was thinking about doing this myself. Although some of the Chinese tablets are very well and good, quite a lot of U.S based people are still warry of purchasing products from China based companies. I thought it would be a smart idea to purchase some tablets (let's say 20 at a time) then re-sell on eBay.. or my own e-Commerce store. If you bought in bulk, and secured good pricing... plus were U.S based... I think you might have something. Or I hope :)

Good luck.. keep us posted, and kindly privmsg me if you come up with anything. As I possibly might want to venture into this with another person. I have 14 years of on-line marketing/IT that I want to utilize. I run a couple of side businesses, plus I work with a larger on-line lead generation company. So the marketing/advertising, IT tech side... I have hands down.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
sounds like a good idea i would probably stay away from ebay as there are just so many tablets on ebay. but making your own website might be a good idea

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
eBay is over saturated with very generic and very discounted Chinese tablets... almost seems like a waste of time. Your own e-Store.. preferably a U.S e-store, with U.S customer service/support/tech... would be the way to go. There will be a huge market for tablets in the U.S in 2011.. best to get started soon :)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Android tablets is decent. Customs is the only thing I am not sure about.

If you can setup firmware for custom user, even better.

All you need is paypal, a webpage, and a factory source (alibaba, aliexpress).

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Yep... exactly. I've actually managed a few drop-shipping e-stores over the last few years. Some were successful, and others were not. The market for tablets is going to EXPLODE in the US.. very very soon. I've talked to about 5 people now who are very serious about developing this idea just in the last few weeks. I would love to jump on board and sell a ton of these... I am just not sure how I can maneuver my schedule to do so. My work is starting to get very busy again, and if I did this type of thing, I would want to invest more time into it than I can right now. Plus with my side businesses, also picking up.. is it possible change a day from 24 hours to 34?? lol

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
keep us updated on your plans.

If you do decide to I want to buy one from you, just to know what it feels like to have standard shipping

mkmagu

Dec 16, 2010
Actually I was thinking about opening an online store for tablets too :) I do web design and have been playing with Drupal for a couple of years. My biggest concern would giving the proper tech support, I've done it in the past but I don't know much about Android or Linux.

mkmagu

Dec 16, 2010
I've been thinking about doing the same thing, I would most likely do an e-store, ebay and amazon. My only concern would be suppling tech support I've done it in the past but I'm new to Android and Linux.

allenaxon

Dec 21, 2010
I have actually started one in Canada, retail is only a very small part of my business plan; I need people with like mind, want to put in the effort of starting something on the cutting edge, exciting technology --Android tablets (MID).
Drop me a line if you are serious on this.