Powering up tablet.....help

DuckyJazz

May 8, 2011
Just received my tablet and can't even find where to turn it on. No quick start guide and the user's manual is showing what to do after it's powered up. The green light is showing so that is suppose to mean it's charged. None of the manuals on-line look like the one I have. It has a button on the front that looks like a power button on a laptop but pushing that does nothing. Just to remind you I said "I was a complete novice about this" so baby steps would be appreciated (plus I'm old) LOL

Thanks for any help.
Betty

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Betty..hold the tablet in landscape(long ways) mode.. the white buttons on the face will be to your right.. the power button is on the left (thin) side of the tablet near the top,it'll have a little(tiny)red "O" with an "I"in it... press and hold the power button for a sec.. that should get you going...

DuckyJazz

May 8, 2011
Will after calling ViewSonic found out the tablet that was shipped to me is not a ViewSonic. So it is going to be shipped back and I've already ordered another one from TigerDirect.

Appreciate the answer as I'll have it for when the other one arrives.

DuckyJazz

May 8, 2011
From Amazon with a 3rd party. He sells under the name of "bestwholesalegem - Amazon Marketplace". He got so much bad feedback about this item he took his store down.
Received the one from Tiger Direct in 3 days. I love it and now in the process of learning how to use it.

friendly1

Mar 7, 2012
I appreciate your help Betty but I have power to the tablet, the green light comes on, but on my screen I do not have anything but a picture of an android. Ain't I suppose to get a screen to set up my wifi and any other icons or even a background. I have nothing but the droid.