Preparing for the B&N upgrade coming in April....

jfree901

Mar 20, 2011
I have a Autonooter'd 3.0 - 1.1 Nook Color rooted. I have no desire to install CWM because of the problems alot of people have experienced loading it on there autonooter'd 3.0 - 1.1 Nook Color. Is there any other way to block the upgrade from automatically installing the day it comes out?

I have backed up all my apps through Titanium Backup pro w/ Dropbox. So I will not have a problem when the update occurs, but I would like to keep my NC rooted.

surfmly29

Mar 16, 2011
I have a Autonooter'd 3.0 - 1.1 Nook Color rooted. I have no desire to install CWM because of the problems alot of people have experienced loading it on there autonooter'd 3.0 - 1.1 Nook Color. Is there any other way to block the upgrade from automatically installing the day it comes out?

I have backed up all my apps through Titanium Backup pro w/ Dropbox. So I will not have a problem when the update occurs, but I would like to keep my NC rooted.

I am running the same and have CWR installed. I did fall into the initial issues you may have seen, but to be honest, it was not that bad to 'fix' the issue and now am running without any trouble. I was able to fix things within a day with help from the experts here and really is worth it in my opinion since you'll be guaranteed to block the auto-update in April which may do a LOT more harm then just installing CWR. I plan to just hold out until we have a new autonooter for the new B&N update and go from there, but feel good that my NC is safe from the auto-update now with CWR installed. If you can set aside a few hours (at most) to go through the install thread (assume you have seen that already: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/6386-how-installing-using-clockworkmod-rom-manager-nandroid-backup-custom-kernels.html) and then plan out the steps and do it, you should have not problems, and if you do, you should be able to get through them just like me with the help of the experts on this forum.

Check this thread out for another option, but keep in mind this is not a guarantee from what I recall reading there: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/5595-there-place-turn-off-auto-updates.html

Good luck!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

The autonooter 3.0, B&N 1.1 and CWR issue was really only with CWR version 3.0.0.5. If was a matter of getting stuck in a boot loop which wasn't too bad to correct. The latest version CWR 3.0.1, shouldn't have that issue. Even if you do get into trouble it will be fixable with a little help as surfmly29 said.