printing from a Coby MID7015

mikesa

Jan 25, 2011
is it possible to print say a web page when using a Coby Kyros Internet tablet (MID7015)

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Not to my knowledge. I don't think there's a print spool or any drivers for android at this point...

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
I don't have my Mid7015 yet, it should be here for the weekend, but I was wondering if there is a port of CUPS to the android platform. If so that should allow printing okay.

wagadesa

Jan 15, 2011
is it possible to print say a web page when using a Coby Kyros Internet tablet (MID7015)

Yes it is possible to print from virtually any android device provided you have a wifi network with a wifi enaabled printer on the network. Look for printershare I the android market. This app enables you to print directly to wifi printer on your network. Really easy to use.

Best Wishes

Sent from my ViewPad7 using Tapatalk

willber

Jan 9, 2011
You could also email yourself to your network PC and then print.
I expect to do this when business travelling and I need to brain storm on product development.

I'm not comfortable using print share services... do you want all your "secrets" on someones server...!!!!!!

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
You could also email yourself to your network PC and then print.
I expect to do this when business travelling and I need to brain storm on product development.

I'm not comfortable using print share services... do you want all your "secrets" on someones server...!!!!!!

If you email yourself your secrets... wouldn't the email provider(gmail=Google) have your secrets ... lol

legs74

Mar 24, 2011
I use FileLinx. No cloud server, so no one sees what you are printing. It also transfers files to your PC. It prints directly to your PC-connected printer. It works on WiFi and 3G, so I can send and grab files from my PC from anywhere. A lot of other apps charge you extra money for how many pages you print. FileLinx does not. They have a free download on their website, that enables your PC to communicate with your Android. For 3G you have to port-forward, but they give video instructions and user guide and a free program that enables an idiot to do it. It's $5.99 on the Market but does more than any of the others for less money.