Problem with downloading e-books to tab

Jan 13, 2011
:confused: Please...someone help me. i've recently downloaded ebooks in .mobi & .prc format from torrent but couldn't open them on my tab. i have both LAPUTA & iReader installed but they both won't recognize the books. the books won't show on both apps' shelves & when i try to open them using MyFiles folder, it will just give me the "No application can perform this action" message. i'm getting frustrated.

newst

Jan 1, 2011
From what I can see neither LAPUTA nor iReader read the mobi or prc formats. If you can re-download the books in epub format you should be OK. If not, there is a free program called Calibre that you can download that can convert your books to epub. Good Luck.

TokyoSeven

Jan 15, 2011
I think FBReader supports the .mobi format. You can get it for free on the android market.
Best of luck with your issue.

valkrider

Nov 5, 2010
Get Aldiko reads epub and pdf and the use Calibre to convert. Aldiko is reckoned to be one of the best readers if you look at the other threads on this forum. I use it all the time.

TripUnder

Nov 11, 2011
I just got my new phone/tab today....

I have many an ebook that are ... my own. I tried several market progs (all listed already) .... NONE worked. If u know one since ur post cool, if not I will respond cause this is craptacular.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I think FBReader supports the .mobi format. You can get it for free on the android market.
Best of luck with your issue.

I use FBReader, one of the main reasons being (as you mentioned) that it deals with .mobi just fine.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum