Problem with file copy on TF201

Feb 15, 2012
I've been trying to copy files off my camera's SD card in the keyboard slot to the internal storage of my TF201. There are several hundred files of about 5Mb each. I've tried using the inbuilt file manager and also the Linux copy command in terminal emulator. The result is the same, the file copy terminates ("paste failed" in file manager, "file not found" in copy command) after sometimes only 3 or 4 files and the Camera's SD card becomes unmounted. Removing it and reinserting it allows the copy to be restarted manually but the same issue occurs.

Is this an issue with Android ICS or with the ASUS and does anyone else have this issue?

Feb 15, 2012
Update: Copy/Paste works OK from the microSD card (moved 2Gb of files from another camera) so the issue appears to be with the SD card reader or the dock itself :(

dr.droid

Mar 6, 2012
i'm having the same problem, with SD card USB FLASH DRIVE AND EVEN WHEN TRYING TO TRANSFER FILES FROM MY PC TO THE TABLET..
I THINK WE ARE MISSING SOMETHING IN THE TABLET THAT WE NEED TO SORT OUT..HELP!!!!

fquenneh

Apr 19, 2012
I had issues with SD cards (and the USB port) on my TF201.
Having tested a number of TF201s in various shops, it looks like some TF201s work better than others with SD cards.

The Asus support team informed me on 19/04 that the TF201 will only support the following SD cards:
SD Kingston 2
SD Kingston 2
SD Kingmax 4 4
SD Sandisk 4
SD APACER 6 4
SD M-System 2
SD RiDATA 10 32
SD Sandisk 4 16
SD Toshiba 10 16
SD PQI 10 16
SD Kingston 4 16
SD Transcend 2 16
SD Apacer 4 32
SD Sandisk 4 8
SD Topram 10 8
Micro SD ADATA 4 8
Micro SD ADATA 2 16
Micro SD Kingston 2 16
Micro SD RiDATA 6 16
Micro SD Samsung 6 8
Micro SD Segon 6 16
Micro SD Silicon Power 6 16
Micro SD Transcend 6 16
Micro SD Topram 6 16
Micro SD Sandisk 4

I hope the above list will help. I have seen a number of threads with people having issues, followed by more or less scientifical answers (factory reset, reboot with the dock, insert the SD card correctly...).

Either you buy the SD cards above or you buy another tablet.

I am personally really not impressed and I have returned the product.

Regards,
Florian

Stoweaway65

May 2, 2012
I've had absolutely no problem doing this, in fact, compared to the iPad this was a snap! Just plugged in the USB. Opened up file manager, found the files (in my case in the USBdisk1 folder, hit "Select All" (I wanted all 16 of them) then hit "Copy" then hit "Internal Storage" then "Download" then "Paste" and voila! They were all in my "My Library" app before I could close down the File Manager!

I've been trying to copy files off my camera's SD card in the keyboard slot to the internal storage of my TF201. There are several hundred files of about 5Mb each. I've tried using the inbuilt file manager and also the Linux copy command in terminal emulator. The result is the same, the file copy terminates ("paste failed" in file manager, "file not found" in copy command) after sometimes only 3 or 4 files and the Camera's SD card becomes unmounted. Removing it and reinserting it allows the copy to be restarted manually but the same issue occurs.

Is this an issue with Android ICS or with the ASUS and does anyone else have this issue?