Problem with Moonse E7002 Reading SD Card

warpoolr

Jan 17, 2011
I believe I own a Haipad M701/Moonse E7002 tablet, anyway the manual says it is a MID F518. It's the kind that the micro SD card sticks out a bit. Anyway, I can't seem to get the thing to recognize the SD card. It only seems to know/use the nand (whatever that is). I'm a real newbie, but I've downloaded many apps that should recognize an SD card - none do.

Is this a problem with me, the machine or the firmware? Thanks for your input.

wiresquire

Jan 8, 2011
Have you tried a different microsd card? I have a generic cheap 8gb card that is recognised in my PC and other devices, but hangs my tablet. Even after formatting multiple times. I gave up and went and bought a Kingston 8gb...

Also, it may help if you use the sd card formatting utility, available from the official sd card site.

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
The m701 makes a indicating sound when you insert a SD card (same sound as when you boot the Pad)
so if there is no sound the Pad does not recognize that a card was inserted.
so, after you did what wiresquire sugested (format SD card on PC and try a different card)
and you still hear no sound and get no notification in the status bar
you very probably have a pad with a defect SD-card slot. =(

p.s. SD cards must be formated in FAT32.

warpoolr

Jan 17, 2011
I've tried two different sd cards but neither have worked. I take that back , unless I was dreaming one played an mp3 for a few minutes (poorly & very choppy) before giving out. I sure hope the sd slot isn't dead! I'll try another sd card...

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
hmm... i play 1080p videos from the SD card,
that is about 10 times as much data compared to MP3.
If your SD slot is not dead it is at least gangreaous. =(