Problem with videos longer than 1 hour 11 minutes

harrystruman

Jun 15, 2011
Anyone else has this? I'll explain:

I load up a movie, doesn't matter if it's AVI, MKV, MP4, doesn't matter if it's standard resolution, 720p, or even the codec (Xvid, AVC):

If you open the movie in gallery, and start seeking either with the ">>" sign or with the seek bar, once you pass the 1 hour 11 minutes mark, the movies goes again to the beginning, but the bar and the time indicator go along and forward, just the picture (and audio) go "back in time".

Anyone else? Can you test this?

Thank you everyone.

PD: Happens with every other player tested (Vplayer, mvideoplayer, rockplayer doesn't even see the SD card), and makes sense, other players are just "skins" for the media core.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Sorry didn't have that problem. Just tested but I am using the coby 7022 which is the same hardware as the 7024 but gingerbread OS and capacitive screen. Hope that helps. Good luck.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
@harry
if your using rockplayer try to play the movie using "SOFTWARE DECODING" instead of hardware. That seek problem also happen to me.

@daprospecta
7024 and 7022 have different CPU (Samsung VS Telechip) so i dont think the hardware is same.

rsnoonan

May 12, 2011
7024 also has 512m memory and different gpu. Rockplayer works fine for me using hardware or software decode. I have viewed 3hr movies with no problem

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

marilia

Apr 19, 2011
Thank you so much, I was going crazy with this problem!!! Software decoding in Rock Player worked perfeclty!! I am so happy now :)

marilia

Apr 19, 2011
(rockplayer doesn't even see the SD card), and makes sense, other players are just "skins" for the media core.

When you say SD card you are referring to extsd? to make it possible to view the itens you go to setting (In Rock Player)> root folder> and is written "/sdcard", now you erase the word sdcard and just leave the /
When you go back you will be able to go to the other folders.. (there is a Folder with ".." above the Folder "Android", you click in ".." and you can see the other folders)

soportal

Aug 3, 2011
When you say SD card you are referring to extsd? to make it possible to view the itens you go to setting (In Rock Player)> root folder> and is written "/sdcard", now you erase the word sdcard and just leave the /
When you go back you will be able to go to the other folders.. (there is a Folder with ".." above the Folder "Android", you click in ".." and you can see the other folders)

I cannot see videos from the external sd card with Rock Player. In settings I don't see a root folder option. Any idea?

Regards.
soportal

marilia

Apr 19, 2011
Open the app RockPlayer
Click on the menu button (the side M button), choose the option "setting", scroll down the screen, first you have Playback options, then style of subtitle options, then the "file list" options, in this file list option you can see Root Folder, show media files only, show file extensions. You click on "root folder".
The version I am using is 1.7.2

You could also just go to ES explorer, find the folder extsd, click on the file and choose to open it with the rock player...

soportal

Aug 3, 2011
Thank you for the help. I have no the Root Folder option in the File List section but my version is 1.0.31_vt. I downloaded it from the AppLib application included with the tablet because I have no access to the Android Market. I tried many solutions suggested in many forums but no success until now.

Using the ES explorer does not work in my case. If I try to open a file, the Rock Player is not shown as an option to open it.

soportal

Aug 3, 2011
Problem fixed! I could upgrade to 1.6.3 from SlideME Market and then to 1.7.2 from the application itself. Thanks for your help.