problems with kindle app on etouch 10'' 2.1 software

claz_b

Dec 26, 2010
I am having problems with the kindle app in that when downloading paid books I keep getting the error message invalid item remove from device and redownload from archive which I then do only to get the same message! This has not occurred when downloading samples and wi fi seems to be connected and at full signal thoughout? Any ideas appreciated.

Daisimae

Dec 23, 2010
I am having the same problem with my Next3. There are also other Next3 owners with the same problem with the Kindle or Nook app.
My Nook works fine.

It looks like the app is not "seeing" the folder the content is downloaded to. I've contacted the manufacturer and Amazon about the problem. Neither one helped. There are times I've gotten Kindle to work perfectly, but as soon as I buy another book it reverts back.

The only thing I can. Think of is to keep complaining to Amazon until the release a new version.

I should also mention, the current problem didn't start for me until the app started "snowing" around Dec 23rd. The snow used live wallpaper. At least on my tablet the Kindle app and live wall paper do not get along well. AFAIK Kindle for Android was the only Kindle app affected by this because of the "snow".

claz_b

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks for that was there anything you changed to get it to work or was it sheer persistance?!

Daisimae

Dec 23, 2010
It was sheer persistence!! I'd download a book, refresh the archive. Reboot the tablet, or unmount and mount the SD card. Got back into the app. Refresh the home page and then click the book.

It worked until I bought another free book, then the problems started up again.

claz_b

Dec 26, 2010
Thanks for that I managed to call amazon and apprantly they are aware of the problem with the etouch and are working for a fix asap so fingers crossed!

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
I am having same problem on my google 10" epad running android 2.1. Would appreciate it if some post info here when the fix comes out and how to get it!!
Thanks

Daisimae

Dec 23, 2010
If I find it first I will post it! Be sure to call or e-mail Amazon to let them know that you too are having the problem.

Daisimae

Dec 23, 2010
No, I don't off-hand. But if you go to Kindle part of the Amazon site, it will give you the e-mail address and phone number for Kindle app support.

rowny

Jan 5, 2011
I am also having the same problem with the 10" etouch and kindle. First it tells me archieve the book then to reload, when I try to reload it tells me the item is invalid. Spoke to Amazon for ages and they have decided to log an "issue" with their tech guys. Also said that it can take up to 2 months to get a response!!!

Awesome

morbs353

Jan 10, 2011
Same problem, was on phone to kindle for 1 hr, they phoned back a week later with no fix Android returned the money,but no kindle now

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
Hi all just an update. I got on the epad the other day and they most have sent an upgrade because I had to re register and when I did it worked perfectly. I did not have to go anywhere it just started working so thanks all

Daisimae

Dec 23, 2010
Figures! I have to send my Next3 back. The tablet is working, but, it's acting up. I don't trust it to stay working after the return date. Don't want to be stuck wih an expensive paper weight. The problem it's having is well known to other users. I guess I'll have something to look forward to when I get another tablet.

Big wade

Dec 27, 2010
Well not so fast. Got about a third of the book read and the next day it stopped working again. Was on the phone forever with the techs and thought they got it but hung up to soon because it still won't open the books. But he did sugest to try downloading directly from either net instead of wireless. I am going to try that and will let you know!!