problems with usb keyboard connection

julie.argent

Jan 3, 2012
Hi

I have recently purchased a MID 7" Tablet and tried connecting the usb keyboard to it via the connector that was supplied with it but is does not work any suggestions please?

Daboy1968

Jan 2, 2012
Hi

I have recently purchased a MID 7" Tablet and tried connecting the usb keyboard to it via the connector that was supplied with it but is does not work any suggestions please?

Do you know if the adaptor is just an AtoB or if it's an "On the go" cable. Some tablets use a short circuit engineered into the cable the cable to switch from slave to host and others you have to switch manually within the software settings.

Have a look in the documentation to switch on USB "Host". You may have to set it manually. If your struggling, it maybe under the section on using it with a memory stick!

I'm new to Android, so sorry I can't help more!

Via Tapatalk.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Julie, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new tablet. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you. Someone there should be able to help you get that keyboard connected.

julie.argent

Jan 3, 2012
Hi

Thanks for that but all it says in the manual is to use the transfer box which i have tried but doesn't seem to recognise it

J

jimbo7630

Hi Julie, I had a similar problem, just received a USB to MiniUSB adapter this morning. I connected the KB to the OTG socket (marked Dev on my Zenithink C71) - no joy, so I tried the Host socket and Bingo it worked! may not be any help for you but maybe someone else has the answer.