Proxy Authentication

Hadrian1x

Jul 29, 2011
Hi there community,
I've just bought myself a Toshiba AT100. I am reasonably knowledgeable about computers and associated technologies but I'm new to Android. So here's the problem I'm trying to solve: I want to establish connection with my employer's proxy server. I've downloaded and configured Anycut and know that the tablet and the server can "sense" each other but I keep getting the message "Authentication via the proxy server was unsuccessful". The Android browsers do not have a preference option to set up the proxy settings and there seems to be no protocol to log in with a password in the Anycut settings. Has anyone solved this problem? Am I missing a step somewhere? Is there an app which can handle this? Or do I wait until the developers come up with an update to 3.1 that handles the problem?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I am trying to show my Mac addicted workmates that their Ipads are not the only act around.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi there Hadrian1x, welcome to the forum. I've moved your post to the Toshiba Tablets section where someone familiar with your tablet may be able to help you.

Hadrian1x

Jul 29, 2011
I've answered myself in case others are interested. I downloaded AS proxy which has all of the required features re password authentication but the Toshiba won't let it have root access to manipulate iptables. Why hasn't Toshiba built in the required software to allow this basic function? Given the sort of use the Thrive will probably get professionally this seems a real weakness.It looks like I am going to have to root the machine but I have misgivings about this because of warranty complications. Any thoughts? I have posted this in the Thrive forum too.

Last edited: